Wednesday, March 16, 2016
First Niagara Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Montreal Canadiens travel to First Niagara Center to play the Buffalo Sabres on Wednesday, March 16, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Canadiens at +109 and the Sabres at -120. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Montreal comes into this matchup having played 69 games. They have an overall record of 32-31-6 and on the road they have a record of 13-19-3. Currently they are 6th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 187 goals and given up 194 goals for a point differential of -7. The Canadiens have 6 overtime losses including 3 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 4-4-2. For the season they have an ATS record of 30-37 and an over/under record of 33-25-11. Buffalo shows up with a record of 28-33-9 including 13-18-5 at home this season. They are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 167 goals and surrendered 190 for a goal differential of -23. The Sabres have 9 losses in OT and 6 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 27-42 while their over/under record sits at 24-29-17.
Tomas Plekanec has accumulated 46 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 12 goals this season with 161 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 34 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 24 goals on 258 shots. He has 27 assists giving him a total of 51 points on the season. Mike Condon has 17 wins and 20 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 1,184 shots against him and has given up 112 goals. He has made 1,072 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Jack Eichel has accumulated 48 total points this season for the Sabres. He has 22 goals this season with 212 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 26 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Sam Reinhart has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 19 goals on 130 shots. He has 15 assists giving him a total of 34 points on the season. Chad Johnson has 16 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Sabres. He has had 1,005 shots against him and has given up 82 goals. He has made 923 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Canadiens have 70 total points this season. They have scored 182 goals while giving up 191 goals. They have had 222 power play opportunities and have scored 38 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Canadiens have allowed 213 power play opportunities and given up 34 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.46% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Sabres have a total of 65 points on the season. They have 41 power play goals on 217 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 181 power play opportunities and have given up 34 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Canadiens have a total of 165 goals scored while they've given up 184 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.95%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Montreal has a Corsi percentage of 52.5% as they've attempted 4,058 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,670 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.9% as they have 2,944 attempts while they've given up 2,727 shots on the defensive end. The Canadiens start possessions in the offensive zone 49.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.3% for the season. They have 2,244 face off wins compared to 2,157 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51%. On defense Montreal has 1,613 hits and they've blocked 943 shots from the opposition.
Buffalo has attempted 3,686 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,944 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48.3% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 48.2% as they have 2,803 shots while they've given up 3,008 attempts on defense. The Sabres have an offensive zone percentage of 49.2% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.8% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.2% as they've compiled 2,068 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,136 face off losses. On defense Buffalo has blocked 936 shot attempts and they have 1,637 hits as a unit.
Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 30-37 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 33-25-11 against the over/under
Buffalo Sabres Betting Trends
The Buffalo Sabres are 27-42 straight up
The Buffalo Sabres are 24-29-17 against the over/under
Montreal Canadiens Injuries
03/14/16 C Lars Eller Virus is downgraded to expected to miss Tuesday vs. Florida
03/14/16 D P.K. Subban Neck out indefinitely
03/12/16 C Stefan Matteau Lower Body "?" Tuesday vs Florida
03/08/16 RW Brendan Gallagher Lower Body expected to miss 2-3 weeks
02/26/16 D Nathan Beaulieu Knee out indefinitely
02/23/16 D Tom Gilbert Knee out for season
02/19/16 C David Desharnais Foot out indefinitely
02/11/16 D Jeff Petry Hernia out for season
02/10/16 C Brian Flynn Lower Body expected to miss 6-8 weeks
01/27/16 F Daniel Carr Knee expected to miss 3 months
01/21/16 GO Carey Price Knee out indefinitely
Buffalo Sabres Injuries
10/06/15 C Cody McCormick Blood Clot out indefinitely
02/24/16 D Cody Franson Neck out indefinitely
02/21/16 C Ryan O'Reilly Foot expected to miss 3-4 weeks
01/02/16 C Tyler Ennis Concussion out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Buffalo
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.