Thursday, February 25, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Nashville Predators travel to United Center to play the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday, February 25, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Predators at +144 and the Blackhawks at -160. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Nashville comes into this matchup having played 61 games. They have an overall record of 29-21-11 and on the road they have a record of 14-11-6. Currently they are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 159 goals and given up 157 goals for a point differential of +2. The Predators have 11 overtime losses including 1 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 5-2-3. For the season they have an ATS record of 28-32 and an over/under record of 21-28-12. Chicago shows up with a record of 38-19-5 including 22-7-2 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Central Division. They've scored 176 goals and surrendered 148 for a goal differential of +28. The Blackhawks have 5 losses in OT and 0 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 38-24 while their over/under record sits at 22-28-12.
Shea Weber has accumulated 36 total points this season for the Predators. He has 15 goals this season with 139 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 25 minutes played per game. Filip Forsberg has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 23 goals on 184 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 42 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 22 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,286 shots against him and has given up 121 goals. He has made 1,165 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Patrick Kane has accumulated 84 total points this season for the Blackhawks. He has 35 goals this season with 219 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 49 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Jonathan Toews has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 21 goals on 138 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 43 points on the season. Corey Crawford has 32 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Blackhawks. He has had 1,490 shots against him and has given up 108 goals. He has made 1,382 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Predators have 69 total points this season. They have scored 156 goals while giving up 156 goals. They have had 198 power play opportunities and have scored 39 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Predators have allowed 187 power play opportunities and given up 38 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.44% for the season to this point. They allow 27 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Blackhawks have a total of 81 points on the season. They have 43 power play goals on 190 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 23%. They have allowed 174 power play opportunities and have given up 35 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Predators have a total of 175 goals scored while they've given up 148 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.15%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Nashville has a Corsi percentage of 52.3% as they've attempted 3,401 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,105 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 53.6% as they have 2,551 attempts while they've given up 2,210 shots on the defensive end. The Predators start possessions in the offensive zone 52.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.8% for the season. They have 1,805 face off wins compared to 1,835 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.6%. On defense Nashville has 1,390 hits and they've blocked 895 shots from the opposition.
Chicago has attempted 3,467 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,442 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.2% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49.6% as they have 2,547 shots while they've given up 2,589 attempts on defense. The Blackhawks have an offensive zone percentage of 52.1% and their defensive zone percentage is 47.9% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.3% as they've compiled 1,819 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,868 face off losses. On defense Chicago has blocked 853 shot attempts and they have 1,064 hits as a unit.
Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 28-32 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 21-28-12 against the over/under
Chicago Blackhawks Betting Trends
The Chicago Blackhawks are 38-24 straight up
The Chicago Blackhawks are 22-28-12 against the over/under
Nashville Predators Injuries
02/23/16 D Shea Weber Lower Body "?" Thursday vs Chicago
02/02/16 LW Eric Nystrom Foot out indefinitely
Chicago Blackhawks Injuries
12/19/15 C Marcus Kruger Wrist expected to miss 4 months
02/14/16 RW Marian Hossa Leg expected to miss 2-3 weeks
Tony's Pick: Take Chicago
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.