Nashville Predators at Philadelphia Flyers 12-19-2016 Free NHL Picks & Predictions
by Josh Schonwald - 12/18/2016
Monday, December 19, 2016
Wells Fargo Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Nashville Predators travel to Wells Fargo Center to play the Philadelphia Flyers on Monday, December 19, 2016.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Nashville comes into this matchup having played 30 games. They have an overall record of 13-12-5 and on the road they have a record of 3-9-2. Currently they are 5th in the Central Division. They've scored 87 goals and given up 88 goals for a point differential of -1. The Predators have an overall record of 3-5-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 13-17 and an over/under record of 16-12-2. Philadelphia shows up with a record of 19-11-3 including 11-5-2 at home this season. They are 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 106 goals and surrendered 100 for a goal differential of +6. The Flyers have a record of 9-1-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 16-14 while their over/under record sits at 18-11-4.
P.K. Subban has accumulated 17 total points this season for the Predators. He has 7 goals this season with 80 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 10 assists on the season and averages 25 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 9 goals on 98 shots. He has 11 assists giving him a total of 20 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 12 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 691 shots against him and has given up 58 goals. He has made 633 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Claude Giroux has accumulated 30 total points this season for the Flyers. He has 9 goals this season with 88 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Wayne Simmonds has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 19% by scoring 16 goals on 84 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 29 points on the season. Steve Mason has 13 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Flyers. He has had 708 shots against him and has given up 67 goals. He has made 641 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Predators have 31 total points this season. They have scored 87 goals while giving up 88 goals. They have had 106 power play opportunities and have scored 21 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Predators have allowed 92 power play opportunities and given up 18 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 32 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.93% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Flyers have a total of 41 points on the season. They have 28 power play goals on 120 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 23%. They have allowed 97 power play opportunities and have given up 17 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Predators have a total of 106 goals scored while they've given up 100 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.19%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Nashville has a Corsi percentage of 52.8% as they've attempted 1,847 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,650 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52% as they have 1,364 attempts while they've given up 1,258 shots on the defensive end. The Predators start possessions in the offensive zone 53.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.2% for the season. They have 916 face off wins compared to 930 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.6%. On defense Nashville has 597 hits and they've blocked 392 shots from the opposition.
Philadelphia has attempted 2,029 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,860 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.2% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 53.1% as they have 1,508 shots while they've given up 1,331 attempts on defense. The Flyers have an offensive zone percentage of 55.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 44.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.1% as they've compiled 1,018 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,013 face off losses. On defense Philadelphia has blocked 529 shot attempts and they have 823 hits as a unit.
Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 13-17 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 16-12-2 against the over/under
Philadelphia Flyers Betting Trends
The Philadelphia Flyers are 16-14 straight up
The Philadelphia Flyers are 18-11-4 against the over/under
Nashville Predators Injuries
12/17/16 D P.K. Subban Upper Body "?" Monday vs Philadelphia
11/30/16 D Anthony Bitetto Hand out 6 weeks
11/26/16 D Matt Carle None has retired
10/17/16 RW Miikka Salomaki Upper Body expected to miss 6-8 weeks
Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
12/12/16 D Mark Streit Shoulder expected to miss 2 weeks
12/05/16 RW Matt Read Oblique expected to miss 3-4 weeks
11/23/16 C Sean Couturier Knee out 4-6 weeks
11/13/16 GO Michal Neuvirth Lower Body expected to miss 4-6 weeks
Josh's Pick: Take Philadelphia
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.