Saturday, January 16, 2016
Gila River Arena
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New Jersey Devils travel to Gila River Arena to play the Arizona Coyotes on Saturday, January 16, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Devils at +118 and the Coyotes at -130. The over/under has been set at 5.
New Jersey comes into this matchup having played 45 games. They have an overall record of 21-19-5 and on the road they have a record of 12-9-2. Currently they are 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 99 goals and given up 110 goals for a point differential of -11. Arizona shows up with a record of 22-16-5 including 12-6-3 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 122 goals and surrendered 131 for a goal differential of -9.
Mike Cammalleri has accumulated 35 total points this season for the Devils. He has 14 goals this season with 98 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Adam Henrique has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 18% by scoring 15 goals on 83 shots. He has 14 assists giving him a total of 29 points on the season. Cory Schneider has 18 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Devils. He has had 1039 shots against him and has given up 77 goals. He has made 962 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Oliver Ekman-Larsson has accumulated 33 total points this season for the Coyotes. He has 13 goals this season with 128 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 25 minutes played per game. Mikkel Boedker has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 12 goals on 113 shots. He has 21 assists giving him a total of 33 points on the season. Louis Domingue has 7 wins and 2 losses this season in net for the Coyotes. He has had 349 shots against him and has given up 25 goals. He has made 324 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Devils have 47 total points this season. They have scored 97 goals while giving up 106 goals. They have had 145 power play opportunities and have scored 26 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Devils have allowed 141 power play opportunities and given up 25 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 25 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.77% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Coyotes have a total of 49 points on the season. They have 31 power play goals on 157 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 152 power play opportunities and have given up 35 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%. As a team, the Devils have a total of 122 goals scored while they've given up 130 goals to this point. They average 27 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.40%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 19-24 straight up
The New Jersey Devils are 12-20-13 against the over/under
Arizona Coyotes Betting Trends
The Arizona Coyotes are 22-21 straight up
The Arizona Coyotes are 22-15-6 against the over/under
New Jersey Devils Injuries
12/30/15 C Jacob Josefson Foot out indefinitely
12/29/15 LW Patrik Elias Knee out indefinitely
01/14/16 D John Moore Lower Body "?" Saturday vs. Arizona
01/14/16 RW Jordin Tootoo Sinus "?" Saturday vs. Arizona
01/14/16 LW Michael Cammalleri Wrist "?" Saturday vs. Arizona
01/13/16 LW Bobby Farnham Suspension expected to miss 4 games
01/12/16 C Jiri Tlusty Upper Body expected to miss Saturday vs Arizona
Arizona Coyotes Injuries
12/15/15 GO Mike Smith Lower Body expected to miss 8-10 weeks
10/19/15 C Joe Vitale Eye out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take New Jersey
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.