Saturday, December 3, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New Jersey Devils travel to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Saturday, December 3, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Devils at +149 and the Predators at -165. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New Jersey comes into this matchup having played 23 games. They have an overall record of 10-7-6 and on the road they have a record of 3-7-4. Currently they are 6th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 58 goals and given up 62 goals for a point differential of -4. The Devils have an overall record of 3-4-3 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 8-13 and an over/under record of 8-8-7. Nashville shows up with a record of 11-8-3 including 8-1-1 at home this season. They are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 65 goals and surrendered 57 for a goal differential of +8. The Predators have a record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 11-11 while their over/under record sits at 10-10-2.
Damon Severson has accumulated 14 total points this season for the Devils. He has 3 goals this season with 37 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 11 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Travis Zajac has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 8 goals on 56 shots. He has 10 assists giving him a total of 18 points on the season. Cory Schneider has 8 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Devils. He has had 543 shots against him and has given up 48 goals. He has made 495 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
P.K. Subban has accumulated 15 total points this season for the Predators. He has 5 goals this season with 51 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 10 assists on the season and averages 25 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 7 goals on 69 shots. He has 7 assists giving him a total of 14 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 10 wins and 5 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 546 shots against him and has given up 36 goals. He has made 510 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Devils have 26 total points this season. They have scored 58 goals while giving up 62 goals. They have had 75 power play opportunities and have scored 11 goals on those chances for a percentage of 15%. The Devils have allowed 74 power play opportunities and given up 11 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.42% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Predators have a total of 25 points on the season. They have 19 power play goals on 82 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 23%. They have allowed 68 power play opportunities and have given up 10 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. As a team, the Devils have a total of 65 goals scored while they've given up 57 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.52%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
New Jersey has a Corsi percentage of 48.5% as they've attempted 1,205 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,280 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.4% as they have 928 attempts while they've given up 988 shots on the defensive end. The Devils start possessions in the offensive zone 49.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.6% for the season. They have 709 face off wins compared to 697 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.4%. On defense New Jersey has 469 hits and they've blocked 292 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 1,289 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,240 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.1% as they have 942 shots while they've given up 938 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 51.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 48.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49% as they've compiled 641 face off wins this season and they have suffered 667 face off losses. On defense Nashville has blocked 302 shot attempts and they have 452 hits as a unit.
New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 8-13 straight up
The New Jersey Devils are 8-8-7 against the over/under
Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 11-11 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 10-10-2 against the over/under
New Jersey Devils Injuries
12/01/16 C Sergey Kalinin Illness "?" Saturday vs. Nashville
11/30/16 RW Beau Bennett Leg expected to miss 5-7 days
10/10/16 D Luke Gazdic Foot out indefinitely
Nashville Predators Injuries
11/30/16 D Anthony Bitetto Hand out 6 weeks
11/27/16 C Colton Sissons Upper Body out indefinitely
11/27/16 D Ryan Ellis Upper Body out indefinitely
11/26/16 RW James Neal Upper Body out indefinitely
11/26/16 D Matt Carle None has retired
10/17/16 RW Miikka Salomaki Upper Body expected to miss 6-8 weeks
Josh's Pick: Take New Jersey +149
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.