Thursday, March 3, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New Jersey Devils travel to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Thursday, March 3, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Devils at +165 and the Predators at -200. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New Jersey comes into this matchup having played 64 games. They have an overall record of 30-27-7 and on the road they have a record of 15-13-3. Currently they are 7th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 140 goals and given up 156 goals for a point differential of -16. The Devils have 7 overtime losses including 6 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 4-6-0. For the season they have an ATS record of 30-34 and an over/under record of 19-30-15. Nashville shows up with a record of 32-21-11 including 17-10-5 at home this season. They are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 172 goals and surrendered 161 for a goal differential of +11. The Predators have 11 losses in OT and 1 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 7-0-3 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 31-32 while their over/under record sits at 22-29-13.
Mike Cammalleri has accumulated 38 total points this season for the Devils. He has 14 goals this season with 101 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 24 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Adam Henrique has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 20 goals on 116 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 39 points on the season. Cory Schneider has 26 wins and 22 losses this season in net for the Devils. He has had 1,507 shots against him and has given up 114 goals. He has made 1,393 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Shea Weber has accumulated 39 total points this season for the Predators. He has 16 goals this season with 142 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 23 assists on the season and averages 25 minutes played per game. Filip Forsberg has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 26 goals on 196 shots. He has 20 assists giving him a total of 46 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 25 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,391 shots against him and has given up 125 goals. He has made 1,266 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Devils have 67 total points this season. They have scored 138 goals while giving up 150 goals. They have had 196 power play opportunities and have scored 40 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Devils have allowed 202 power play opportunities and given up 35 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 25 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.76% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Predators have a total of 75 points on the season. They have 41 power play goals on 208 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 192 power play opportunities and have given up 39 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Devils have a total of 169 goals scored while they've given up 160 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.70%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
New Jersey has a Corsi percentage of 46.4% as they've attempted 2,816 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,258 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 47.1% as they have 2,182 attempts while they've given up 2,452 shots on the defensive end. The Devils start possessions in the offensive zone 47.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 52.2% for the season. They have 1,711 face off wins compared to 1,931 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47%. On defense New Jersey has 1,457 hits and they've blocked 806 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 3,555 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,286 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 53.3% as they have 2,674 shots while they've given up 2,341 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 52% and their defensive zone percentage is 48% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.6% as they've compiled 1,900 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,929 face off losses. On defense Nashville has blocked 945 shot attempts and they have 1,467 hits as a unit.
New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 30-34 straight up
The New Jersey Devils are 19-30-15 against the over/under
Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 31-32 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 22-29-13 against the over/under
New Jersey Devils Injuries
12/29/15 LW Patrik Elias Knee out indefinitely
02/11/16 LW Michael Cammalleri Hand out indefinitely
01/23/16 C Jiri Tlusty Wrist out for season
01/23/16 D David Warsofsky Concussion out indefinitely
Nashville Predators Injuries
02/02/16 LW Eric Nystrom Foot out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Nashville
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.