Saturday, October 15, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New Jersey Devils travel to Amalie Arena to play the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday, October 15, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Devils at +158 and the Lightning at -175. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New Jersey comes into this matchup after having a regular season record of 38-36-8 last season and on the road they had a record of 19-19-3. They finished 7th in the Metropolitan Division. They scored 184 goals and gave up 208 goals for a point differential of -24. The Devils had 8 overtime losses including 6 of them in a shootout. In their last 10 games they had an overall record of 4-5-1. For the season they had an ATS record of 37-44 and an over/under record of 27-38-17. Tampa Bay had a regular season record of 46-31-5 including 25-13-3 at home last season. They were 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They scored 227 goals and surrendered 201 for a goal differential of +26. The Lightning had 5 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They had a record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread was 45-35 while their over/under record sat at 34-38-10.
Mike Cammalleri accumulated 38 total points last season for the Devils. He had 14 goals last year with 101 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He had a total of 24 assists on the season and averaged 19 minutes played per game. Adam Henrique averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game last year. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 20% by scoring 30 goals on 149 shots. He had 20 assists giving him a total of 50 points on the season. Cory Schneider had 27 wins and 25 losses last season in net for the Devils. He had 1,597 shots against him and gave up 122 goals. He made 1,475 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Nikita Kucherov accumulated 66 total points last season for the Lightning. He had 30 goals last year with 209 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He had a total of 36 assists on the season and averaged 18 minutes played per game. Victor Hedman averaged 23 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 10 goals on 180 shots. He had 37 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Ben Bishop had 35 wins and 21 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He had 1,672 shots against him and gave up 123 goals. He made 1,549 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Devils had 84 total points last season. They scored 184 goals while giving up 208 goals. They had 256 power play opportunities and scored 51 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Devils allowed 264 power play opportunities and gave up 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They averaged 24 shots per game and as a team they shot 9.19% for the season. They allowed 28 shots to their opposition per contest and had a team save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning had a total of 97 points on the season. They had 44 power play goals on 279 opportunities for a percentage of 16%. They allowed 257 power play opportunities and gave up 41 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Devils had a total of 227 goals scored while they gave up 201 goals during the campaign. They averaged 29 shots per contest and had a team shooting percentage of 9.45%. As a team they gave up 29 shots per game and had a save percentage of 92%.
New Jersey had a Corsi percentage of 45.9% as they attempted 3,595 shots on net at full strength while they gave up 4,231 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage was at 46.7% as they had 2,782 attempts while they gave up 3,177 shots on the defensive end. The Devils started possessions in the offensive zone 47% of the time while their defensive zone percentage was at 53% for the season. They had 2,183 face off wins compared to 2,518 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage was 46.4%. On defense New Jersey had 1,840 hits and they blocked 1,054 shots from the opposition.
Tampa Bay attempted 4,533 shots at full strength and they gave up 4,345 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage was at 51.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they were at 50.5% as they had 3,391 shots while they gave up 3,318 attempts on defense. The Lightning had an offensive zone percentage of 53.3% and their defensive zone percentage was 46.7% this season. They had a faceoff win percentage of 49.5% as they compiled 2,372 face off wins this season and they suffered 2,421 face off losses. On defense Tampa Bay blocked 1,027 shot attempts and they had 1,682 hits as a unit.
New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils were 37-44 straight up last season
The New Jersey Devils were 27-38-17 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning were 45-35 straight up last season
The Tampa Bay Lightning were 34-38-10 against the over/under
New Jersey Devils Injuries
10/13/16 C Sergey Kalinin Illness "?" Saturday vs. Tampa Bay
10/10/16 D Jon Merrill Lower Body out indefinitely
10/10/16 D Luke Gazdic Foot out indefinitely
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/08/16 RW Ryan Callahan Hip expected to miss a month
Tony's Pick: Take Tampa Bay
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.