Saturday, April 2, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New Jersey Devils travel to Amalie Arena to play the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday, April 2, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Devils at +188 and the Lightning at -210. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New Jersey comes into this matchup having played 78 games. They have an overall record of 37-33-8 and on the road they have a record of 19-18-3. Currently they are 7th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 175 goals and given up 197 goals for a point differential of -22. The Devils have 8 overtime losses including 6 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 5-4-1. For the season they have an ATS record of 37-41 and an over/under record of 25-36-17. Tampa Bay shows up with a record of 44-28-5 including 24-13-3 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 214 goals and surrendered 185 for a goal differential of +29. The Lightning have 5 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 43-33 while their over/under record sits at 31-37-9.
Mike Cammalleri has accumulated 38 total points this season for the Devils. He has 14 goals this season with 101 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 24 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Adam Henrique has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 19% by scoring 27 goals on 141 shots. He has 20 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Cory Schneider has 26 wins and 23 losses this season in net for the Devils. He has had 1,525 shots against him and has given up 117 goals. He has made 1,408 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Steven Stamkos has accumulated 64 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 36 goals this season with 216 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 28 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Nikita Kucherov has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 29 goals on 196 shots. He has 32 assists giving him a total of 61 points on the season. Ben Bishop has 33 wins and 20 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 1,601 shots against him and has given up 115 goals. He has made 1,486 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Devils have 82 total points this season. They have scored 173 goals while giving up 191 goals. They have had 237 power play opportunities and have scored 49 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. The Devils have allowed 248 power play opportunities and given up 43 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 24 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.11% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning have a total of 93 points on the season. They have 42 power play goals on 257 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 236 power play opportunities and have given up 37 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Devils have a total of 211 goals scored while they've given up 182 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.39%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
New Jersey has a Corsi percentage of 45.8% as they've attempted 3,418 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,052 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 46.4% as they have 2,635 attempts while they've given up 3,047 shots on the defensive end. The Devils start possessions in the offensive zone 46.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 53.2% for the season. They have 2,073 face off wins compared to 2,410 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 46.2%. On defense New Jersey has 1,762 hits and they've blocked 1,005 shots from the opposition.
Tampa Bay has attempted 4,250 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,101 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.5% as they have 3,182 shots while they've given up 3,121 attempts on defense. The Lightning have an offensive zone percentage of 53.2% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.8% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.5% as they've compiled 2,235 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,276 face off losses. On defense Tampa Bay has blocked 980 shot attempts and they have 1,574 hits as a unit.
New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 37-41 straight up
The New Jersey Devils are 25-36-17 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 43-33 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 31-37-9 against the over/under
New Jersey Devils Injuries
12/29/15 LW Patrik Elias Knee out for season
04/01/16 LW Tyler Kennedy Lower Body is upgraded to probable Saturday vs. Tampa Bay
03/31/16 D David Schlemko Upper Body "?" Saturday vs. Tampa Bay
03/22/16 D Jon Merrill Upper Body out indefinitely
03/20/16 RW Jordin Tootoo Upper Body expected to miss 7-10 days
03/08/16 C Jacob Josefson Wrist out indefinitely
02/11/16 LW Michael Cammalleri Hand out for season
01/23/16 C Jiri Tlusty Wrist out for season
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
03/26/16 D Anton Stralman Fibula out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take New Jersey
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.