Tuesday, December 20, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New York Islanders travel to TD Garden to play the Boston Bruins on Tuesday, December 20, 2016.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York comes into this matchup having played 31 games. They have an overall record of 11-14-6 and on the road they have a record of 2-7-2. Currently they are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 81 goals and given up 99 goals for a point differential of -18. The Islanders have an overall record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 10-20 and an over/under record of 15-12-4. Boston shows up with a record of 17-13-3 including 8-8-0 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 78 goals and surrendered 79 for a goal differential of -1. The Bruins have a record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 15-16 while their over/under record sits at 12-17-4.
John Tavares has accumulated 23 total points this season for the Islanders. He has 9 goals this season with 93 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 14 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Brock Nelson has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 7 goals on 66 shots. He has 12 assists giving him a total of 19 points on the season. Jaroslav Halak has 5 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Islanders. He has had 611 shots against him and has given up 57 goals. He has made 554 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Brad Marchand has accumulated 27 total points this season for the Bruins. He has 9 goals this season with 96 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 18 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. David Pastrnak has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 20% by scoring 19 goals on 93 shots. He has 7 assists giving him a total of 26 points on the season. Tuukka Rask has 16 wins and 5 losses this season in net for the Bruins. He has had 646 shots against him and has given up 44 goals. He has made 602 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Islanders have 28 total points this season. They have scored 81 goals while giving up 99 goals. They have had 86 power play opportunities and have scored 11 goals on those chances for a percentage of 13%. The Islanders have allowed 105 power play opportunities and given up 22 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.83% for the season to this point. They allow 33 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Bruins have a total of 37 points on the season. They have 13 power play goals on 99 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 13%. They have allowed 110 power play opportunities and have given up 14 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 87%. As a team, the Islanders have a total of 78 goals scored while they've given up 79 goals to this point. They average 33 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.10%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
New York has a Corsi percentage of 45.2% as they've attempted 1,681 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,040 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 46.3% as they have 1,252 attempts while they've given up 1,454 shots on the defensive end. The Islanders start possessions in the offensive zone 48.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.3% for the season. They have 899 face off wins compared to 928 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.2%. On defense New York has 787 hits and they've blocked 586 shots from the opposition.
Boston has attempted 2,042 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,727 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 54.2% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 54.4% as they have 1,520 shots while they've given up 1,276 attempts on defense. The Bruins have an offensive zone percentage of 53.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 52.6% as they've compiled 1,075 face off wins this season and they have suffered 969 face off losses. On defense Boston has blocked 451 shot attempts and they have 737 hits as a unit.
New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 10-20 straight up
The New York Islanders are 15-12-4 against the over/under
Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 15-16 straight up
The Boston Bruins are 12-17-4 against the over/under
New York Islanders Injuries
12/18/16 C Casey Cizikas Upper Body out indefinitely
12/03/16 D Adam Pelech Upper Body expected to miss 3-5 days
10/10/16 C Mikhail Grabovski Concussion out indefinitely
Boston Bruins Injuries
12/17/16 RW David Pastrnak Elbow expected to miss Tuesday vs. NY Islanders
12/06/16 LW Matt Beleskey Knee expected to miss 6 weeks
11/29/16 D John-Michael Liles Concussion out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Boston
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.