Friday, March 25, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New York Islanders travel to Amalie Arena to play the Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday, March 25, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Islanders at +127 and the Lightning at -140. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York comes into this matchup having played 72 games. They have an overall record of 39-24-9 and on the road they have a record of 17-15-5. Currently they are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 200 goals and given up 182 goals for a point differential of +18. The Islanders have 9 overtime losses including 5 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 4-4-2. For the season they have an ATS record of 38-33 and an over/under record of 27-38-7. Tampa Bay shows up with a record of 42-26-5 including 22-11-3 at home this season. They are 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 202 goals and surrendered 173 for a goal differential of +29. The Lightning have 5 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 41-31 while their over/under record sits at 29-35-9.
John Tavares has accumulated 57 total points this season for the Islanders. He has 27 goals this season with 220 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Kyle Okposo has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 20 goals on 173 shots. He has 36 assists giving him a total of 56 points on the season. Thomas Greiss has 19 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Islanders. He has had 1,025 shots against him and has given up 75 goals. He has made 950 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Steven Stamkos has accumulated 60 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 34 goals this season with 199 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 26 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Nikita Kucherov has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 28 goals on 192 shots. He has 32 assists giving him a total of 60 points on the season. Ben Bishop has 31 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 1,513 shots against him and has given up 109 goals. He has made 1,404 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Islanders have 87 total points this season. They have scored 196 goals while giving up 177 goals. They have had 202 power play opportunities and have scored 39 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Islanders have allowed 206 power play opportunities and given up 30 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.15% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning have a total of 89 points on the season. They have 40 power play goals on 243 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 221 power play opportunities and have given up 36 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Islanders have a total of 199 goals scored while they've given up 170 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.36%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
New York has a Corsi percentage of 49.6% as they've attempted 4,083 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,142 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.8% as they have 2,969 attempts while they've given up 2,992 shots on the defensive end. The Islanders start possessions in the offensive zone 52.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.8% for the season. They have 2,043 face off wins compared to 2,057 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.8%. On defense New York has 2,071 hits and they've blocked 1,150 shots from the opposition.
Tampa Bay has attempted 4,037 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,894 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.5% as they have 3,020 shots while they've given up 2,965 attempts on defense. The Lightning have an offensive zone percentage of 53.5% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.5% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.4% as they've compiled 2,107 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,157 face off losses. On defense Tampa Bay has blocked 929 shot attempts and they have 1,476 hits as a unit.
New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 38-33 straight up
The New York Islanders are 27-38-7 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 41-31 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 29-35-9 against the over/under
New York Islanders Injuries
03/18/16 C Mikhail Grabovski Undisclosed out indefinitely
03/13/16 D Marek Zidlicky Upper Body out indefinitely
03/13/16 D Adam Pelech Shoulder out indefinitely
03/09/16 GO Jaroslav Halak Groin expected to miss 6-8 weeks
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
03/22/16 RW Ryan Callahan Lower Body "?" Friday vs NY Islanders
03/15/16 C Valtteri Filppula Upper Body out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take New York
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.