Saturday, April 30, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New York Islanders travel to Amalie Arena to play the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday, April 30, 2016. New York leads the series 1-0. The opening line for this game has the Islanders at +122 and the Lightning at -135. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York comes into this matchup after having a regular season record of 45-27-10 and on the road they had a record of 20-16-5. They finished 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They scored 232 goals and gave up 216 goals for a point differential of +16. The Islanders had 10 overtime losses including 5 of them in a shootout. In their last 10 games they had an overall record of 6-3-1. For the season they had an ATS record of 43-35 and an over/under record of 34-40-8. Tampa Bay had a regular season record of 46-31-5 including 25-13-3 at home this season. They were 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They scored 227 goals and surrendered 201 for a goal differential of +26. The Lightning had 5 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They had a record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread was 45-35 while their over/under record sat at 34-38-10.
John Tavares accumulated 70 total points this season for the Islanders. He had 33 goals this season with 250 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He had a total of 37 assists on the season and averaged 20 minutes played per game. Kyle Okposo averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 22 goals on 202 shots. He had 42 assists giving him a total of 64 points on the season. Thomas Greiss had 23 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Islanders. He had 1,197 shots against him and gave up 90 goals. He made 1,107 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Nikita Kucherov accumulated 66 total points this season for the Lightning. He had 30 goals this season with 209 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He had a total of 36 assists on the season and averaged 18 minutes played per game. Victor Hedman averaged 23 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 10 goals on 180 shots. He had 37 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Ben Bishop had 35 wins and 21 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He had 1,672 shots against him and gave up 123 goals. He made 1,549 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Islanders had 100 total points this season. They scored 227 goals while giving up 211 goals. They had 229 power play opportunities and scored 43 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Islanders allowed 232 power play opportunities and gave up 36 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They averaged 29 shots per game and as a team they shot 9.41% for the season. They allowed 30 shots to their opposition per contest and had a team save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning had a total of 97 points on the season. They had 44 power play goals on 279 opportunities for a percentage of 16%. They allowed 257 power play opportunities and gave up 41 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Islanders had a total of 224 goals scored while they gave up 198 goals during the campaign. They averaged 29 shots per contest and had a team shooting percentage of 9.33%. As a team they gave up 29 shots per game and had a save percentage of 92%.
New York had a Corsi percentage of 49.3% as they attempted 4,602 shots on net at full strength while they gave up 4,729 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage was at 49.6% as they had 3,352 attempts while they gave up 3,407 shots on the defensive end. The Islanders started possessions in the offensive zone 51.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage was at 48.1% for the season. They had 2,331 face off wins compared to 2,323 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage was 50.1%. On defense New York had 2,311 hits and they blocked 1,322 shots from the opposition.
Tampa Bay attempted 4,533 shots at full strength and they gave up 4,345 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage was at 51.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they were at 50.5% as they had 3,391 shots while they gave up 3,318 attempts on defense. The Lightning had an offensive zone percentage of 53.3% and their defensive zone percentage was 46.7% this season. They had a faceoff win percentage of 49.5% as they compiled 2,372 face off wins this season and they suffered 2,421 face off losses. On defense Tampa Bay blocked 1,027 shot attempts and they had 1,682 hits as a unit.
New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders were 43-35 straight up this season
The New York Islanders were 34-40-8 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning were 45-35 straight up this season
The Tampa Bay Lightning were 34-38-10 against the over/under
New York Islanders Injuries
04/28/16 LW Josh Bailey Upper Body expected to miss Saturday vs. Tampa Bay
04/27/16 GO Jaroslav Halak Groin "?" Saturday vs. Tampa Bay
04/22/16 D Ryan Pulock Upper Body out indefinitely
04/08/16 C Anders Lee Fibula out indefinitely
03/18/16 C Mikhail Grabovski Concussion out for season
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
04/27/16 D Anton Stralman Fibula "?" Saturday vs. NY Islanders
04/27/16 RW Erik Condra Head injured last game, "?" Saturday vs. NY Islanders
04/16/16 RW J.T. Brown Upper Body out indefinitely
04/03/16 C Steven Stamkos Blood Clot expected to miss 1-3 months
Guy's Pick: Take Tampa Bay
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.