Saturday, December 17, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New York Rangers travel to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Saturday, December 17, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Rangers at -120 and the Predators at +109. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York comes into this matchup having played 32 games. They have an overall record of 21-10-1 and on the road they have a record of 10-5-0. Currently they are 2nd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 108 goals and given up 72 goals for a point differential of +36. The Rangers have an overall record of 6-4-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 21-11 and an over/under record of 16-13-3. Nashville shows up with a record of 13-12-4 including 10-3-2 at home this season. They are 5th in the Central Division. They've scored 86 goals and surrendered 86 for a goal differential of 0. The Predators have a record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 13-16 while their over/under record sits at 16-11-2.
J.T. Miller has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Rangers. He has 9 goals this season with 62 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 13 assists on the season and averages 16 minutes played per game. Kevin Hayes has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 22% by scoring 11 goals on 51 shots. He has 11 assists giving him a total of 22 points on the season. Henrik Lundqvist has 13 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Rangers. He has had 597 shots against him and has given up 50 goals. He has made 547 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
P.K. Subban has accumulated 17 total points this season for the Predators. He has 7 goals this season with 80 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 10 assists on the season and averages 25 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 9 goals on 95 shots. He has 11 assists giving him a total of 20 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 12 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 691 shots against him and has given up 58 goals. He has made 633 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Rangers have 43 total points this season. They have scored 108 goals while giving up 72 goals. They have had 96 power play opportunities and have scored 21 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. The Rangers have allowed 84 power play opportunities and given up 11 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 87%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 11.64% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Predators have a total of 30 points on the season. They have 21 power play goals on 103 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 90 power play opportunities and have given up 18 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Rangers have a total of 86 goals scored while they've given up 86 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.13%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
New York has a Corsi percentage of 48.6% as they've attempted 1,707 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,803 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.5% as they have 1,286 attempts while they've given up 1,263 shots on the defensive end. The Rangers start possessions in the offensive zone 47.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 52.9% for the season. They have 899 face off wins compared to 937 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49%. On defense New York has 638 hits and they've blocked 540 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 1,782 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,594 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.8% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52% as they have 1,316 shots while they've given up 1,215 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 53.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.5% as they've compiled 885 face off wins this season and they have suffered 903 face off losses. On defense Nashville has blocked 379 shot attempts and they have 577 hits as a unit.
New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 21-11 straight up
The New York Rangers are 16-13-3 against the over/under
Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 13-16 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 16-11-2 against the over/under
New York Rangers Injuries
12/07/16 LW Matt Puempel Concussion "?" Saturday vs. Nashville
11/20/16 C Mika Zibanejad Fibula expected to miss 6-8 weeks
11/20/16 LW Pavel Buchnevich Back out indefinitely
Nashville Predators Injuries
11/30/16 D Anthony Bitetto Hand out 6 weeks
11/26/16 D Matt Carle None has retired
10/17/16 RW Miikka Salomaki Upper Body expected to miss 6-8 weeks
Guy's Pick: Take Nashville +109
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.