Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Consol Energy Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New York Rangers travel to Consol Energy Center to play the Pittsburgh Penguins on Tuesday, December 20, 2016.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York comes into this matchup having played 34 games. They have an overall record of 23-10-1 and on the road they have a record of 11-5-0. Currently they are 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 113 goals and given up 75 goals for a point differential of +38. The Rangers have an overall record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 21-11 and an over/under record of 16-14-4. Pittsburgh shows up with a record of 20-7-5 including 13-2-2 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 109 goals and surrendered 90 for a goal differential of +19. The Penguins have a record of 7-1-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 18-12 while their over/under record sits at 20-8-4.
J.T. Miller has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Rangers. He has 9 goals this season with 65 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 13 assists on the season and averages 16 minutes played per game. Kevin Hayes has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 19% by scoring 11 goals on 58 shots. He has 12 assists giving him a total of 23 points on the season. Henrik Lundqvist has 15 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Rangers. He has had 660 shots against him and has given up 53 goals. He has made 607 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Evgeni Malkin has accumulated 34 total points this season for the Penguins. He has 13 goals this season with 103 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Sidney Crosby has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 25% by scoring 21 goals on 84 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 34 points on the season. Marc-Andre Fleury has 8 wins and 5 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He has had 622 shots against him and has given up 60 goals. He has made 562 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
The Rangers have 47 total points this season. They have scored 113 goals while giving up 75 goals. They have had 100 power play opportunities and have scored 21 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. The Rangers have allowed 91 power play opportunities and given up 12 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 87%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 11.51% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 93%.
The Penguins have a total of 45 points on the season. They have 24 power play goals on 116 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 21%. They have allowed 112 power play opportunities and have given up 24 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. As a team, the Rangers have a total of 109 goals scored while they've given up 90 goals to this point. They average 35 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.79%. As a team they give up 33 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
New York has a Corsi percentage of 48.5% as they've attempted 1,821 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,932 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.2% as they have 1,370 attempts while they've given up 1,359 shots on the defensive end. The Rangers start possessions in the offensive zone 46.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 53.2% for the season. They have 952 face off wins compared to 999 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.8%. On defense New York has 686 hits and they've blocked 573 shots from the opposition.
Pittsburgh has attempted 1,959 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,899 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.8% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.7% as they have 1,480 shots while they've given up 1,383 attempts on defense. The Penguins have an offensive zone percentage of 52.9% and their defensive zone percentage is 47.1% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.7% as they've compiled 998 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,052 face off losses. On defense Pittsburgh has blocked 516 shot attempts and they have 792 hits as a unit.
New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 21-11 straight up
The New York Rangers are 16-14-4 against the over/under
Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 18-12 straight up
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 20-8-4 against the over/under
New York Rangers Injuries
11/20/16 C Mika Zibanejad Fibula expected to miss 6-8 weeks
11/20/16 LW Pavel Buchnevich Back out indefinitely
Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
12/17/16 D Trevor Daley Upper Body expected to miss 7-10 days
12/15/16 D Kris Letang Lower Body expected to miss 2-3 weeks
10/29/16 RW Daniel Sprong Shoulder out indefinitely
10/21/16 D Derrick Pouliot Lower Body out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Pittsburgh
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.