Wednesday, November 9, 2016
First Niagara Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Ottawa Senators travel to First Niagara Center to play the Buffalo Sabres on Wednesday, November 9, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Senators at +101 and the Sabres at -125. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa comes into this matchup having played 11 games. They have an overall record of 7-4-0 and on the road they have a record of 2-2-0. Currently they are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 29 goals and given up 28 goals for a point differential of +1. The Senators have an overall record of 6-4-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 6-4 and an over/under record of 5-6-0. Buffalo shows up with a record of 5-5-2 including 1-3-0 at home this season. They are 8th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 25 goals and surrendered 29 for a goal differential of -4. The Sabres have a record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 5-7 while their over/under record sits at 3-9-0.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 10 total points this season for the Senators. He has 3 goals this season with 27 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 7 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Bobby Ryan has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 3 goals on 22 shots. He has 3 assists giving him a total of 6 points on the season. Craig Anderson has 6 wins and 2 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 256 shots against him and has given up 18 goals. He has made 238 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Ryan O'Reilly has accumulated 8 total points this season for the Sabres. He has 4 goals this season with 40 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 4 assists on the season and averages 22 minutes played per game. Kyle Okposo has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 5 goals on 29 shots. He has 3 assists giving him a total of 8 points on the season. Robin Lehner has 4 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Sabres. He has had 281 shots against him and has given up 21 goals. He has made 260 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Senators have 14 total points this season. They have scored 29 goals while giving up 28 goals. They have had 31 power play opportunities and have scored 4 goals on those chances for a percentage of 13%. The Senators have allowed 34 power play opportunities and given up 6 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.48% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Sabres have a total of 12 points on the season. They have 8 power play goals on 39 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 21%. They have allowed 43 power play opportunities and have given up 9 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. As a team, the Senators have a total of 25 goals scored while they've given up 29 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.14%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 93%.
Ottawa has a Corsi percentage of 47.8% as they've attempted 596 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 652 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.5% as they have 459 attempts while they've given up 450 shots on the defensive end. The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 57.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 42.6% for the season. They have 337 face off wins compared to 359 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.4%. On defense Ottawa has 248 hits and they've blocked 202 shots from the opposition.
Buffalo has attempted 629 shots at full strength and they've given up 678 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 47.4% as they have 478 shots while they've given up 530 attempts on defense. The Sabres have an offensive zone percentage of 46.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 53.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 54.1% as they've compiled 412 face off wins this season and they have suffered 349 face off losses. On defense Buffalo has blocked 148 shot attempts and they have 248 hits as a unit.
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 6-4 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 5-6-0 against the over/under
Buffalo Sabres Betting Trends
The Buffalo Sabres are 5-7 straight up
The Buffalo Sabres are 3-9-0 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Injuries
11/05/16 D Chris Wideman Upper Body "?" Tuesday vs Nashville
10/30/16 GO Andrew Hammond Groin out indefinitely
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out indefinitely
Buffalo Sabres Injuries
11/08/16 LW Evander Kane Ribs is upgraded to "?" Wednesday vs. Ottawa
11/07/16 RW Hudson Fasching Groin "?" Wednesday vs Ottawa
11/07/16 LW Tyler Ennis Undisclosed injured last game, "?" Wednesday vs Ottawa
11/03/16 D Zach Bogosian Knee out indefinitely
10/31/16 LW Nicolas Deslauriers Knee out indefinitely
10/12/16 C Jack Eichel Ankle out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Ottawa +101
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.