Friday, March 18, 2016
First Niagara Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Ottawa Senators travel to First Niagara Center to play the Buffalo Sabres on Friday, March 18, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Senators at -103 and the Sabres at -107. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa comes into this matchup having played 71 games. They have an overall record of 33-30-8 and on the road they have a record of 14-18-3. Currently they are 5th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 205 goals and given up 220 goals for a point differential of -15. The Senators have 8 overtime losses including 6 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 4-4-2. For the season they have an ATS record of 31-38 and an over/under record of 35-35-1. Buffalo shows up with a record of 28-33-10 including 13-18-6 at home this season. They are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 169 goals and surrendered 193 for a goal differential of -24. The Sabres have 10 losses in OT and 6 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 4-3-3 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 27-43 while their over/under record sits at 24-30-17.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 73 total points this season for the Senators. He has 13 goals this season with 214 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 6%. He has a total of 60 assists on the season and averages 29 minutes played per game. Bobby Ryan has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 22 goals on 161 shots. He has 30 assists giving him a total of 52 points on the season. Craig Anderson has 29 wins and 21 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 1,762 shots against him and has given up 148 goals. He has made 1,614 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Jack Eichel has accumulated 48 total points this season for the Sabres. He has 22 goals this season with 216 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 26 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Sam Reinhart has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 19 goals on 132 shots. He has 15 assists giving him a total of 34 points on the season. Chad Johnson has 16 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Sabres. He has had 1,005 shots against him and has given up 82 goals. He has made 923 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Senators have 74 total points this season. They have scored 199 goals while giving up 214 goals. They have had 214 power play opportunities and have scored 36 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Senators have allowed 221 power play opportunities and given up 55 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 75%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.96% for the season to this point. They allow 33 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Sabres have a total of 66 points on the season. They have 42 power play goals on 221 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 187 power play opportunities and have given up 35 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Senators have a total of 167 goals scored while they've given up 187 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.88%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Ottawa has a Corsi percentage of 47.5% as they've attempted 3,844 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,243 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 46.7% as they have 2,818 attempts while they've given up 3,211 shots on the defensive end. The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 50.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.4% for the season. They have 2,202 face off wins compared to 2,158 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.5%. On defense Ottawa has 1,990 hits and they've blocked 1,032 shots from the opposition.
Buffalo has attempted 3,754 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,988 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48.5% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 48.4% as they have 2,859 shots while they've given up 3,043 attempts on defense. The Sabres have an offensive zone percentage of 49.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.2% as they've compiled 2,102 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,170 face off losses. On defense Buffalo has blocked 945 shot attempts and they have 1,654 hits as a unit.
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 31-38 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 35-35-1 against the over/under
Buffalo Sabres Betting Trends
The Buffalo Sabres are 27-43 straight up
The Buffalo Sabres are 24-30-17 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Injuries
10/28/15 D Mikael Wikstrand Suspension out indefinitely
10/16/15 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out indefinitely
10/08/15 D Chris Phillips Back out for season
03/15/16 D Patrick Wiercioch Undisclosed "?" Friday vs Buffalo
03/04/16 D Mark Borowiecki Knee out for season
02/29/16 C Kyle Turris Ankle out indefinitely
Buffalo Sabres Injuries
10/06/15 C Cody McCormick Blood Clot out indefinitely
02/24/16 D Cody Franson Neck out indefinitely
01/02/16 C Tyler Ennis Concussion out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Buffalo
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.