Tuesday, March 8, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Ottawa Senators travel to PNC Arena to play the Carolina Hurricanes on Tuesday, March 8, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Senators at +111 and the Hurricanes at -123. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa comes into this matchup having played 67 games. They have an overall record of 31-29-7 and on the road they have a record of 14-17-2. Currently they are 5th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 193 goals and given up 208 goals for a point differential of -15. The Senators have 7 overtime losses including 5 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 6-3-1. For the season they have an ATS record of 29-36 and an over/under record of 33-33-1. Carolina shows up with a record of 29-26-11 including 16-12-6 at home this season. They are 6th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 161 goals and surrendered 178 for a goal differential of -17. The Hurricanes have 11 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 29-37 while their over/under record sits at 22-25-19.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 68 total points this season for the Senators. He has 11 goals this season with 208 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 5%. He has a total of 57 assists on the season and averages 29 minutes played per game. Bobby Ryan has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 22 goals on 158 shots. He has 27 assists giving him a total of 49 points on the season. Craig Anderson has 27 wins and 20 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 1,677 shots against him and has given up 140 goals. He has made 1,537 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Jordan Staal has accumulated 40 total points this season for the Hurricanes. He has 17 goals this season with 115 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 23 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Victor Rask has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 15 goals on 127 shots. He has 24 assists giving him a total of 39 points on the season. Cam Ward has 18 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Hurricanes. He has had 1,056 shots against him and has given up 98 goals. He has made 958 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Senators have 69 total points this season. They have scored 187 goals while giving up 203 goals. They have had 205 power play opportunities and have scored 36 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Senators have allowed 210 power play opportunities and given up 55 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 74%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.80% for the season to this point. They allow 33 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Hurricanes have a total of 69 points on the season. They have 35 power play goals on 201 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 165 power play opportunities and have given up 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Senators have a total of 161 goals scored while they've given up 175 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.10%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Ottawa has a Corsi percentage of 47.6% as they've attempted 3,645 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,015 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 46.7% as they have 2,668 attempts while they've given up 3,044 shots on the defensive end. The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 51% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49% for the season. They have 2,097 face off wins compared to 2,024 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.9%. On defense Ottawa has 1,867 hits and they've blocked 971 shots from the opposition.
Carolina has attempted 3,848 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,330 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 53.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52.7% as they have 2,845 shots while they've given up 2,556 attempts on defense. The Hurricanes have an offensive zone percentage of 54.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 45.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 53.8% as they've compiled 2,030 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,743 face off losses. On defense Carolina has blocked 774 shot attempts and they have 1,254 hits as a unit.
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 29-36 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 33-33-1 against the over/under
Carolina Hurricanes Betting Trends
The Carolina Hurricanes are 29-37 straight up
The Carolina Hurricanes are 22-25-19 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Injuries
10/28/15 D Mikael Wikstrand Suspension out indefinitely
10/16/15 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out indefinitely
10/08/15 D Chris Phillips Back out for season
03/05/16 GO Craig Anderson Knee "?" Tuesday vs Carolina
03/04/16 D Mark Borowiecki Knee out indefinitely
02/29/16 C Kyle Turris Ankle out indefinitely
Carolina Hurricanes Injuries
10/09/15 D James Wisniewski Knee out 6 months
03/05/16 D Justin Faulk Ankle "?" Tuesday vs Ottawa
02/27/16 C Andrej Nestrasil Back out for season
Guy's Pick: Take Ottawa
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.