Tuesday, December 20, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Ottawa Senators travel to United Center to play the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday, December 20, 2016.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa comes into this matchup having played 32 games. They have an overall record of 18-11-3 and on the road they have a record of 8-6-0. Currently they are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 82 goals and given up 85 goals for a point differential of -3. The Senators have an overall record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 15-14 and an over/under record of 13-17-2. Chicago shows up with a record of 22-8-4 including 13-2-3 at home this season. They are 1st in the Central Division. They've scored 98 goals and surrendered 80 for a goal differential of +18. The Blackhawks have a record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 20-12 while their over/under record sits at 10-17-7.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 30 total points this season for the Senators. He has 7 goals this season with 82 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 23 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Kyle Turris has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 19% by scoring 12 goals on 64 shots. He has 9 assists giving him a total of 21 points on the season. Craig Anderson has 12 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 615 shots against him and has given up 47 goals. He has made 568 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Patrick Kane has accumulated 32 total points this season for the Blackhawks. He has 10 goals this season with 107 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 22 minutes played per game. Artem Anisimov has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 25% by scoring 14 goals on 55 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 27 points on the season. Scott Darling has 10 wins and 2 losses this season in net for the Blackhawks. He has had 436 shots against him and has given up 32 goals. He has made 404 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Senators have 39 total points this season. They have scored 82 goals while giving up 85 goals. They have had 101 power play opportunities and have scored 17 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Senators have allowed 109 power play opportunities and given up 19 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.82% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Blackhawks have a total of 48 points on the season. They have 19 power play goals on 105 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 92 power play opportunities and have given up 24 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 74%. As a team, the Senators have a total of 98 goals scored while they've given up 80 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.04%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 93%.
Ottawa has a Corsi percentage of 47.1% as they've attempted 1,724 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,936 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48% as they have 1,269 attempts while they've given up 1,372 shots on the defensive end. The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 52.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.7% for the season. They have 985 face off wins compared to 1,005 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.5%. On defense Ottawa has 847 hits and they've blocked 564 shots from the opposition.
Chicago has attempted 1,867 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,866 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 48.2% as they have 1,318 shots while they've given up 1,418 attempts on defense. The Blackhawks have an offensive zone percentage of 54% and their defensive zone percentage is 46% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 47.9% as they've compiled 964 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,047 face off losses. On defense Chicago has blocked 448 shot attempts and they have 514 hits as a unit.
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 15-14 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 13-17-2 against the over/under
Chicago Blackhawks Betting Trends
The Chicago Blackhawks are 20-12 straight up
The Chicago Blackhawks are 10-17-7 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Injuries
12/18/16 GO Andrew Hammond Lower Body injured last game, "?" Tuesday vs Chicago
12/18/16 LW Mike Hoffman Suspension Served probable Tuesday vs Chicago
12/13/16 GO Craig Anderson Personal out indefinitely
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out indefinitely
Chicago Blackhawks Injuries
12/18/16 C Artem Anisimov Upper Body "?" Tuesday vs Ottawa
12/03/16 GO Corey Crawford Appendix expected to miss 2-3 weeks
Guy's Pick: Take Chicago
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.