Tuesday, December 27, 2016
Madison Square Garden
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Ottawa Senators travel to Madison Square Garden to play the New York Rangers on Tuesday, December 27, 2016.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa comes into this matchup having played 34 games. They have an overall record of 20-11-3 and on the road they have a record of 9-6-0. Currently they are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 88 goals and given up 89 goals for a point differential of -1. The Senators have an overall record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 17-14 and an over/under record of 14-18-2. New York shows up with a record of 23-12-1 including 12-6-1 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 119 goals and surrendered 89 for a goal differential of +30. The Rangers have a record of 6-4-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 21-13 while their over/under record sits at 18-14-4.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 31 total points this season for the Senators. He has 7 goals this season with 85 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 24 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Kyle Turris has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 18% by scoring 12 goals on 67 shots. He has 12 assists giving him a total of 24 points on the season. Mike Condon has 8 wins and 3 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 367 shots against him and has given up 28 goals. He has made 339 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
J.T. Miller has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Rangers. He has 9 goals this season with 66 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 13 assists on the season and averages 16 minutes played per game. Kevin Hayes has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 18% by scoring 11 goals on 60 shots. He has 12 assists giving him a total of 23 points on the season. Henrik Lundqvist has 15 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Rangers. He has had 673 shots against him and has given up 57 goals. He has made 616 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Senators have 43 total points this season. They have scored 88 goals while giving up 89 goals. They have had 108 power play opportunities and have scored 19 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Senators have allowed 116 power play opportunities and given up 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.00% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Rangers have a total of 47 points on the season. They have 21 power play goals on 105 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 97 power play opportunities and have given up 16 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Senators have a total of 119 goals scored while they've given up 89 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 11.39%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Ottawa has a Corsi percentage of 47% as they've attempted 1,810 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,043 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 47.8% as they have 1,329 attempts while they've given up 1,449 shots on the defensive end. The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 52.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.9% for the season. They have 1,034 face off wins compared to 1,064 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.3%. On defense Ottawa has 898 hits and they've blocked 594 shots from the opposition.
New York has attempted 1,940 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,046 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48.7% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50% as they have 1,455 shots while they've given up 1,455 attempts on defense. The Rangers have an offensive zone percentage of 46.5% and their defensive zone percentage is 53.5% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.7% as they've compiled 1,008 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,063 face off losses. On defense New York has blocked 591 shot attempts and they have 753 hits as a unit.
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 17-14 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 14-18-2 against the over/under
New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 21-13 straight up
The New York Rangers are 18-14-4 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Injuries
12/22/16 GO Andrew Hammond Ankle out indefinitely
12/13/16 GO Craig Anderson Personal out indefinitely
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out indefinitely
New York Rangers Injuries
12/19/16 LW Rick Nash Groin out indefinitely
11/20/16 C Mika Zibanejad Fibula expected to miss 6-8 weeks
11/20/16 LW Pavel Buchnevich Back out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take New York
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.