Tuesday, October 18, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Philadelphia Flyers travel to United Center to play the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday, October 18, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Flyers at +225 and the Blackhawks at +103. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Philadelphia comes into this matchup after having a regular season record of 41-27-14 last season and on the road they had a record of 18-17-6. They finished 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They scored 214 goals and gave up 218 goals for a point differential of -4. The Flyers had 14 overtime losses including 8 of them in a shootout. In their last 10 games they had an overall record of 6-3-1. For the season they had an ATS record of 38-41 and an over/under record of 32-30-20. Chicago had a regular season record of 47-26-9 including 26-11-4 at home last season. They were 3rd in the Central Division. They scored 235 goals and surrendered 209 for a goal differential of +26. The Blackhawks had 9 losses in OT and 2 of them occurred in a shootout. They had a record of 5-2-3 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread was 47-34 while their over/under record sat at 30-32-20.
Claude Giroux accumulated 67 total points last season for the Flyers. He had 22 goals last year with 241 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He had a total of 45 assists on the season and averaged 21 minutes played per game. Wayne Simmonds averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game last year. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 32 goals on 229 shots. He had 28 assists giving him a total of 60 points on the season. Steve Mason had 23 wins and 19 losses last season in net for the Flyers. He had 1,602 shots against him and gave up 132 goals. He made 1,470 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Patrick Kane accumulated 106 total points last season for the Blackhawks. He had 46 goals last year with 287 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He had a total of 60 assists on the season and averaged 20 minutes played per game. Jonathan Toews averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 28 goals on 179 shots. He had 30 assists giving him a total of 58 points on the season. Corey Crawford had 35 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Blackhawks. He had 1,718 shots against him and gave up 131 goals. He made 1,587 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Flyers had 96 total points last season. They scored 214 goals while giving up 218 goals. They had 280 power play opportunities and scored 53 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Flyers allowed 262 power play opportunities and gave up 51 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They averaged 31 shots per game and as a team they shot 8.43% for the season. They allowed 31 shots to their opposition per contest and had a team save percentage of 92%.
The Blackhawks had a total of 103 points on the season. They had 57 power play goals on 252 opportunities for a percentage of 23%. They allowed 233 power play opportunities and gave up 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Flyers had a total of 235 goals scored while they gave up 209 goals during the campaign. They averaged 30 shots per contest and had a team shooting percentage of 9.41%. As a team they gave up 31 shots per game and had a save percentage of 92%.
Philadelphia had a Corsi percentage of 51% as they attempted 4,901 shots on net at full strength while they gave up 4,715 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage was at 51.1% as they had 3,553 attempts while they gave up 3,406 shots on the defensive end. The Flyers started possessions in the offensive zone 51.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage was at 48.3% for the season. They had 2,532 face off wins compared to 2,429 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage was 51%. On defense Philadelphia had 2,196 hits and they blocked 1,309 shots from the opposition.
Chicago attempted 4,584 shots at full strength and they gave up 4,533 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage was at 50.3% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they were at 49.6% as they had 3,346 shots while they gave up 3,400 attempts on defense. The Blackhawks had an offensive zone percentage of 52% and their defensive zone percentage was 48% this season. They had a faceoff win percentage of 49.3% as they compiled 2,380 face off wins this season and they suffered 2,452 face off losses. On defense Chicago blocked 1,133 shot attempts and they had 1,389 hits as a unit.
Philadelphia Flyers Betting Trends
The Philadelphia Flyers were 38-41 straight up last season
The Philadelphia Flyers were 32-30-20 against the over/under
Chicago Blackhawks Betting Trends
The Chicago Blackhawks were 47-34 straight up last season
The Chicago Blackhawks were 30-32-20 against the over/under
Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
10/17/16 C Brayden Schenn Suspension expected to miss Tuesday vs. Chicago
10/17/16 D Radko Gudas Suspension expected to miss another 4 games
10/17/16 D Shayne Gostisbehere Facial probable Tuesday vs. Chicago
10/08/16 D Brandon Manning Upper Body expected to miss a week
10/08/16 D Michael Del Zotto Lower Body expected to miss 4-5 weeks
10/06/16 C Scott Laughton Lower Body expected to miss 3-4 weeks
Chicago Blackhawks Injuries
10/15/16 RW Ryan Hartman Lower Body out indefinitely
10/10/16 LW Andrew Desjardins Lower Body expected to miss 4-6 weeks
Guy's Pick: Take Chicago
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.