Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Joe Louis Arena
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Philadelphia Flyers travel to Joe Louis Arena to play the Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday, April 6, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Flyers at +104 and the Red Wings at -115. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Philadelphia comes into this matchup having played 78 games. They have an overall record of 39-26-13 and on the road they have a record of 17-16-6. Currently they are 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 203 goals and given up 208 goals for a point differential of -5. The Flyers have 13 overtime losses including 8 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 6-3-1. For the season they have an ATS record of 38-39 and an over/under record of 30-28-20. Detroit shows up with a record of 40-28-11 including 21-13-6 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 204 goals and surrendered 216 for a goal differential of -12. The Red Wings have 11 losses in OT and 5 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 6-4-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 39-39 while their over/under record sits at 30-35-14.
Claude Giroux has accumulated 66 total points this season for the Flyers. He has 22 goals this season with 228 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 44 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Wayne Simmonds has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 29 goals on 215 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 57 points on the season. Steve Mason has 22 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Flyers. He has had 1,532 shots against him and has given up 125 goals. He has made 1,407 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Dylan Larkin has accumulated 45 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 23 goals this season with 213 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Henrik Zetterberg has averaged 0 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 0% by scoring 13 goals on 209 shots. He has 35 assists giving him a total of 48 points on the season. Petr Mrazek has 27 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 1,440 shots against him and has given up 115 goals. He has made 1,325 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Flyers have 91 total points this season. They have scored 200 goals while giving up 200 goals. They have had 265 power play opportunities and have scored 50 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Flyers have allowed 251 power play opportunities and given up 50 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.32% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Red Wings have a total of 91 points on the season. They have 49 power play goals on 254 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 261 power play opportunities and have given up 49 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Flyers have a total of 202 goals scored while they've given up 211 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.57%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Philadelphia has a Corsi percentage of 50.5% as they've attempted 4,639 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,556 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.5% as they have 3,365 attempts while they've given up 3,295 shots on the defensive end. The Flyers start possessions in the offensive zone 51.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.8% for the season. They have 2,387 face off wins compared to 2,316 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.8%. On defense Philadelphia has 2,121 hits and they've blocked 1,261 shots from the opposition.
Detroit has attempted 4,318 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,084 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.4% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.4% as they have 3,269 shots while they've given up 3,215 attempts on defense. The Red Wings have an offensive zone percentage of 53.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.6% as they've compiled 2,325 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,266 face off losses. On defense Detroit has blocked 869 shot attempts and they have 1,588 hits as a unit.
Philadelphia Flyers Betting Trends
The Philadelphia Flyers are 38-39 straight up
The Philadelphia Flyers are 30-28-20 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 39-39 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 30-35-14 against the over/under
Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
04/04/16 D Andrew MacDonald Head expected to miss Wednesday vs Detroit
03/20/16 GO Michal Neuvirth Knee expected to miss 3-4 weeks
02/22/16 D Michael Del Zotto Wrist out for season
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
01/11/16 LW Drew Miller Knee out 4-6 months
Josh's Pick: Take Philadelphia
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.