Thursday, April 14, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Philadelphia Flyers travel to Verizon Center to play the Washington Capitals on Thursday, April 14, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Flyers at +170 and the Capitals at -200. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Philadelphia comes into this matchup having played 82 games. They have an overall record of 41-27-14 and on the road they have a record of 18-17-6. Currently they are 6th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 214 goals and given up 218 goals for a point differential of -4. The Flyers have 14 overtime losses including 8 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 6-3-1. For the season they have an ATS record of 38-41 and an over/under record of 32-30-20. Washington shows up with a record of 56-18-8 including 29-8-4 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 252 goals and surrendered 193 for a goal differential of +59. The Capitals have 8 losses in OT and 2 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 4-3-3 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 53-25 while their over/under record sits at 33-32-17.
Claude Giroux has accumulated 67 total points this season for the Flyers. He has 22 goals this season with 241 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 45 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Wayne Simmonds has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 32 goals on 229 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 60 points on the season. Steve Mason has 23 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Flyers. He has had 1,602 shots against him and has given up 132 goals. He has made 1,470 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Alex Ovechkin has accumulated 71 total points this season for the Capitals. He has 50 goals this season with 398 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Evgeny Kuznetsov has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 20 goals on 193 shots. He has 57 assists giving him a total of 77 points on the season. Braden Holtby has 48 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Capitals. He has had 1,802 shots against him and has given up 141 goals. He has made 1,661 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Flyers have 96 total points this season. They have scored 211 goals while giving up 210 goals. They have had 280 power play opportunities and have scored 53 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Flyers have allowed 262 power play opportunities and given up 51 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.31% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Capitals have a total of 120 points on the season. They have 55 power play goals on 251 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 22%. They have allowed 256 power play opportunities and have given up 38 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. As a team, the Flyers have a total of 248 goals scored while they've given up 191 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.88%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Philadelphia has a Corsi percentage of 50.9% as they've attempted 4,854 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,682 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51% as they have 3,517 attempts while they've given up 3,384 shots on the defensive end. The Flyers start possessions in the offensive zone 51.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.4% for the season. They have 2,512 face off wins compared to 2,402 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.1%. On defense Philadelphia has 2,190 hits and they've blocked 1,298 shots from the opposition.
Washington has attempted 4,556 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,546 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.2% as they have 3,452 shots while they've given up 3,290 attempts on defense. The Capitals have an offensive zone percentage of 51.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 48.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.7% as they've compiled 2,350 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,378 face off losses. On defense Washington has blocked 1,256 shot attempts and they have 1,985 hits as a unit.
Philadelphia Flyers Betting Trends
The Philadelphia Flyers are 38-41 straight up
The Philadelphia Flyers are 32-30-20 against the over/under
Washington Capitals Betting Trends
The Washington Capitals are 53-25 straight up
The Washington Capitals are 33-32-17 against the over/under
Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
02/22/16 D Michael Del Zotto Wrist out for season
Washington Capitals Injuries
04/11/16 RW Jay Beagle Lower Body is upgraded to probable Thursday vs. Philadelphia
Guy's Pick: Take Washington
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.