Thursday, December 22, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Pittsburgh Penguins travel to Nationwide Arena to play the Columbus Blue Jackets on Thursday, December 22, 2016.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Pittsburgh comes into this matchup having played 33 games. They have an overall record of 20-7-5 and on the road they have a record of 7-5-3. Currently they are 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 116 goals and given up 92 goals for a point differential of +24. The Penguins have an overall record of 8-0-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 19-12 and an over/under record of 21-8-4. Columbus shows up with a record of 20-5-4 including 11-3-1 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 101 goals and surrendered 63 for a goal differential of +38. The Blue Jackets have a record of 10-0-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 19-9 while their over/under record sits at 9-18-3.
Evgeni Malkin has accumulated 34 total points this season for the Penguins. He has 13 goals this season with 103 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Sidney Crosby has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 25% by scoring 21 goals on 84 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 34 points on the season. Marc-Andre Fleury has 8 wins and 5 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He has had 622 shots against him and has given up 60 goals. He has made 562 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Zach Werenski has accumulated 21 total points this season for the Blue Jackets. He has 6 goals this season with 77 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 15 assists on the season and averages 22 minutes played per game. Cam Atkinson has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 12 goals on 85 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 31 points on the season. Sergei Bobrovsky has 19 wins and 5 losses this season in net for the Blue Jackets. He has had 721 shots against him and has given up 49 goals. He has made 672 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Penguins have 45 total points this season. They have scored 109 goals while giving up 90 goals. They have had 116 power play opportunities and have scored 24 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. The Penguins have allowed 112 power play opportunities and given up 24 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. They average 35 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.79% for the season to this point. They allow 33 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Blue Jackets have a total of 44 points on the season. They have 23 power play goals on 83 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 28%. They have allowed 83 power play opportunities and have given up 15 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Penguins have a total of 98 goals scored while they've given up 61 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.97%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 93%.
Pittsburgh has a Corsi percentage of 50.8% as they've attempted 1,959 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,899 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.7% as they have 1,480 attempts while they've given up 1,383 shots on the defensive end. The Penguins start possessions in the offensive zone 52.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.1% for the season. They have 998 face off wins compared to 1,052 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.7%. On defense Pittsburgh has 792 hits and they've blocked 516 shots from the opposition.
Columbus has attempted 1,638 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,624 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.2% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.8% as they have 1,230 shots while they've given up 1,191 attempts on defense. The Blue Jackets have an offensive zone percentage of 51.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 48.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 47.4% as they've compiled 816 face off wins this season and they have suffered 906 face off losses. On defense Columbus has blocked 433 shot attempts and they have 572 hits as a unit.
Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 19-12 straight up
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 21-8-4 against the over/under
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Trends
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 19-9 straight up
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 9-18-3 against the over/under
Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
12/19/16 RW Tom Kuhnhackl Lower Body out indefinitely
12/17/16 D Trevor Daley Upper Body expected to miss 7-10 days
12/15/16 D Kris Letang Lower Body expected to miss 2-3 weeks
10/29/16 RW Daniel Sprong Shoulder out indefinitely
10/21/16 D Derrick Pouliot Lower Body out indefinitely
Columbus Blue Jackets Injuries
10/10/16 RW David Clarkson Back out indefinitely
10/10/16 GO Joonas Korpisalo Groin out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Columbus
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.