Tuesday, May 24, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Pittsburgh Penguins travel to Amalie Arena to play the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday, May 24, 2016. Tampa Bay leads the series 3-2. The opening line for this game has the Penguins at -134 and the Lightning at +121. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Pittsburgh comes into this matchup after having a regular season record of 48-26-8 and on the road they had a record of 22-15-4. They finished 2nd in the Metropolitan Division. They scored 245 goals and gave up 203 goals for a point differential of +42. The Penguins had 8 overtime losses including 4 of them in a shootout. In their last 10 games they had an overall record of 8-2-0. For the season they had an ATS record of 45-33 and an over/under record of 36-32-14. Tampa Bay had a regular season record of 46-31-5 including 25-13-3 at home this season. They were 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They scored 227 goals and surrendered 201 for a goal differential of +26. The Lightning had 5 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They had a record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread was 45-35 while their over/under record sat at 34-38-10.
Kris Letang accumulated 67 total points this season for the Penguins. He had 16 goals this season with 218 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He had a total of 51 assists on the season and averaged 27 minutes played per game. Sidney Crosby averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 36 goals on 248 shots. He had 49 assists giving him a total of 85 points on the season. Marc-Andre Fleury had 35 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He had 1,665 shots against him and gave up 132 goals. He made 1,533 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Victor Hedman accumulated 47 total points this season for the Lightning. He had 10 goals this season with 180 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 6%. He had a total of 37 assists on the season and averaged 23 minutes played per game. Nikita Kucherov averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 30 goals on 209 shots. He had 36 assists giving him a total of 66 points on the season. Ben Bishop had 35 wins and 21 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He had 1,672 shots against him and gave up 123 goals. He made 1,549 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Penguins had 104 total points this season. They scored 241 goals while giving up 199 goals. They had 261 power play opportunities and scored 48 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Penguins allowed 257 power play opportunities and gave up 40 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They averaged 33 shots per game and as a team they shot 8.85% for the season. They allowed 30 shots to their opposition per contest and had a team save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning had a total of 97 points on the season. They had 44 power play goals on 279 opportunities for a percentage of 16%. They allowed 257 power play opportunities and gave up 41 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Penguins had a total of 224 goals scored while they gave up 198 goals during the campaign. They averaged 29 shots per contest and had a team shooting percentage of 9.33%. As a team they gave up 29 shots per game and had a save percentage of 92%.
Pittsburgh had a Corsi percentage of 52.3% as they attempted 4,812 shots on net at full strength while they gave up 4,384 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage was at 52.5% as they had 3,638 attempts while they gave up 3,293 shots on the defensive end. The Penguins started possessions in the offensive zone 52.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage was at 47.7% for the season. They had 2,593 face off wins compared to 2,576 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage was 50.2%. On defense Pittsburgh had 1,947 hits and they blocked 1,091 shots from the opposition.
Tampa Bay attempted 4,533 shots at full strength and they gave up 4,345 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage was at 51.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they were at 50.5% as they had 3,391 shots while they gave up 3,318 attempts on defense. The Lightning had an offensive zone percentage of 53.3% and their defensive zone percentage was 46.7% this season. They had a faceoff win percentage of 49.5% as they compiled 2,372 face off wins this season and they suffered 2,421 face off losses. On defense Tampa Bay blocked 1,027 shot attempts and they had 1,682 hits as a unit.
Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins were 45-33 straight up this season
The Pittsburgh Penguins were 36-32-14 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning were 45-35 straight up this season
The Tampa Bay Lightning were 34-38-10 against the over/under
Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
05/22/16 D Trevor Daley Foot out for season
03/16/16 LW Scott Wilson Ankle out indefinitely
03/04/16 C Kevin Porter Ankle expected to miss 12 weeks
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
05/22/16 GO Ben Bishop Knee "?" Tuesday vs. Pittsburgh
05/15/16 C Steven Stamkos Blood Clot out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Tampa Bay
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.