Sunday, February 28, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The San Jose Sharks travel to Rogers Arena to play the Vancouver Canucks on Sunday, February 28, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Sharks at +208 and the Canucks at -233. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
San Jose comes into this matchup having played 60 games. They have an overall record of 32-22-6 and on the road they have a record of 21-9-3. Currently they are 3rd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 178 goals and given up 164 goals for a point differential of +14. The Sharks have 6 overtime losses including 3 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 5-3-2. For the season they have an ATS record of 31-28 and an over/under record of 34-21-5. Vancouver shows up with a record of 24-24-12 including 11-13-5 at home this season. They are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 147 goals and surrendered 171 for a goal differential of -24. The Canucks have 12 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 24-36 while their over/under record sits at 23-23-14.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 56 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 26 goals this season with 158 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Patrick Marleau has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 17 goals on 148 shots. He has 20 assists giving him a total of 37 points on the season. Martin Jones has 29 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 1,379 shots against him and has given up 116 goals. He has made 1,263 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Daniel Sedin has accumulated 52 total points this season for the Canucks. He has 22 goals this season with 200 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Henrik Sedin has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 10 goals on 68 shots. He has 36 assists giving him a total of 46 points on the season. Ryan Miller has 14 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Canucks. He has had 1,246 shots against him and has given up 104 goals. He has made 1,142 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Sharks have 70 total points this season. They have scored 175 goals while giving up 161 goals. They have had 200 power play opportunities and have scored 45 goals on those chances for a percentage of 23%. The Sharks have allowed 174 power play opportunities and given up 36 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.70% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Canucks have a total of 60 points on the season. They have 32 power play goals on 182 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 190 power play opportunities and have given up 35 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Sharks have a total of 143 goals scored while they've given up 168 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.31%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
San Jose has a Corsi percentage of 50.6% as they've attempted 3,349 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,274 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.2% as they have 2,543 attempts while they've given up 2,327 shots on the defensive end. The Sharks start possessions in the offensive zone 50.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.3% for the season. They have 1,816 face off wins compared to 1,774 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.6%. On defense San Jose has 1,250 hits and they've blocked 947 shots from the opposition.
Vancouver has attempted 3,075 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,386 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 47.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 47.7% as they have 2,354 shots while they've given up 2,582 attempts on defense. The Canucks have an offensive zone percentage of 50.2% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.8% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 45.4% as they've compiled 1,638 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,969 face off losses. On defense Vancouver has blocked 804 shot attempts and they have 1,102 hits as a unit.
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 31-28 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 34-21-5 against the over/under
Vancouver Canucks Betting Trends
The Vancouver Canucks are 24-36 straight up
The Vancouver Canucks are 23-23-14 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Injuries
02/24/16 D Matt Tennyson Concussion is downgraded to doubtful Friday vs. Buffalo
02/18/16 C Tommy Wingels Shoulder out indefinitely
Vancouver Canucks Injuries
02/24/16 RW Radim Vrbata Lower Body out indefinitely
02/10/16 D Alexander Edler Fibula out indefinitely
02/10/16 C Brandon Sutter Jaw out 6-8 weeks
Guy's Pick: Take San Jose
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.