Thursday, March 3, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The San Jose Sharks travel to Rogers Arena to play the Vancouver Canucks on Thursday, March 3, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Sharks at -169 and the Canucks at +152. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
San Jose comes into this matchup having played 62 games. They have an overall record of 34-22-6 and on the road they have a record of 22-9-3. Currently they are 3rd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 188 goals and given up 167 goals for a point differential of +21. The Sharks have 6 overtime losses including 3 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 6-2-2. For the season they have an ATS record of 33-28 and an over/under record of 35-22-5. Vancouver shows up with a record of 24-26-12 including 11-15-5 at home this season. They are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 150 goals and surrendered 178 for a goal differential of -28. The Canucks have 12 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 4-6-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 24-38 while their over/under record sits at 23-24-15.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 61 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 29 goals this season with 171 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 32 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Patrick Marleau has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 18 goals on 152 shots. He has 20 assists giving him a total of 38 points on the season. Martin Jones has 31 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 1,426 shots against him and has given up 119 goals. He has made 1,307 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Daniel Sedin has accumulated 54 total points this season for the Canucks. He has 24 goals this season with 210 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Henrik Sedin has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 10 goals on 72 shots. He has 38 assists giving him a total of 48 points on the season. Ryan Miller has 14 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Canucks. He has had 1,273 shots against him and has given up 107 goals. He has made 1,166 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Sharks have 74 total points this season. They have scored 185 goals while giving up 164 goals. They have had 206 power play opportunities and have scored 46 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. The Sharks have allowed 178 power play opportunities and given up 36 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.90% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Canucks have a total of 60 points on the season. They have 33 power play goals on 185 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 195 power play opportunities and have given up 36 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Sharks have a total of 146 goals scored while they've given up 175 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.21%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
San Jose has a Corsi percentage of 50.6% as they've attempted 3,463 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,379 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.3% as they have 2,631 attempts while they've given up 2,402 shots on the defensive end. The Sharks start possessions in the offensive zone 50.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.2% for the season. They have 1,878 face off wins compared to 1,836 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.6%. On defense San Jose has 1,273 hits and they've blocked 977 shots from the opposition.
Vancouver has attempted 3,184 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,480 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 47.8% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 47.8% as they have 2,433 shots while they've given up 2,652 attempts on defense. The Canucks have an offensive zone percentage of 50.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 45.4% as they've compiled 1,687 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,032 face off losses. On defense Vancouver has blocked 828 shot attempts and they have 1,130 hits as a unit.
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 33-28 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 35-22-5 against the over/under
Vancouver Canucks Betting Trends
The Vancouver Canucks are 24-38 straight up
The Vancouver Canucks are 23-24-15 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Injuries
02/29/16 GO James Reimer Acquired "?" Thursday vs Vancouver
02/18/16 C Tommy Wingels Shoulder out indefinitely
Vancouver Canucks Injuries
03/02/16 RW Jannik Hansen Ribs expected to miss a week
02/24/16 RW Radim Vrbata Lower Body out indefinitely
02/10/16 D Alexander Edler Fibula out indefinitely
02/10/16 C Brandon Sutter Jaw out 6-8 weeks
Guy's Pick: Take San Jose
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.