Saturday, February 27, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The St. Louis Blues travel to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Saturday, February 27, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Blues at +111 and the Predators at -123. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
St. Louis comes into this matchup having played 63 games. They have an overall record of 35-19-9 and on the road they have a record of 16-8-5. Currently they are 3rd in the Central Division. They've scored 157 goals and given up 152 goals for a point differential of +5. The Blues have 9 overtime losses including 4 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 6-3-1. For the season they have an ATS record of 35-28 and an over/under record of 21-34-8. Nashville shows up with a record of 30-21-11 including 15-10-5 at home this season. They are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 162 goals and surrendered 158 for a goal differential of +4. The Predators have 11 losses in OT and 1 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 6-1-3 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 29-32 while their over/under record sits at 21-29-12.
Vladimir Tarasenko has accumulated 54 total points this season for the Blues. He has 29 goals this season with 223 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 25 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. David Backes has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 15 goals on 124 shots. He has 18 assists giving him a total of 33 points on the season. Brian Elliott has 17 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Blues. He has had 920 shots against him and has given up 65 goals. He has made 855 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Shea Weber has accumulated 36 total points this season for the Predators. He has 15 goals this season with 139 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 25 minutes played per game. Filip Forsberg has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 23 goals on 185 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 42 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 23 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,325 shots against him and has given up 122 goals. He has made 1,203 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Blues have 79 total points this season. They have scored 154 goals while giving up 148 goals. They have had 181 power play opportunities and have scored 39 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. The Blues have allowed 216 power play opportunities and given up 29 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 87%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.31% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Predators have a total of 71 points on the season. They have 39 power play goals on 199 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 188 power play opportunities and have given up 38 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Blues have a total of 159 goals scored while they've given up 157 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.46%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
St. Louis has a Corsi percentage of 49.6% as they've attempted 3,382 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,440 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.8% as they have 2,540 attempts while they've given up 2,557 shots on the defensive end. The Blues start possessions in the offensive zone 48.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.4% for the season. They have 1,961 face off wins compared to 1,891 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.9%. On defense St. Louis has 1,481 hits and they've blocked 883 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 3,452 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,172 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 53.4% as they have 2,590 shots while they've given up 2,258 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 52.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 47.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.6% as they've compiled 1,832 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,860 face off losses. On defense Nashville has blocked 914 shot attempts and they have 1,425 hits as a unit.
St. Louis Blues Betting Trends
The St. Louis Blues are 35-28 straight up
The St. Louis Blues are 21-34-8 against the over/under
Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 29-32 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 21-29-12 against the over/under
St. Louis Blues Injuries
12/06/15 C Steve Ott Hamstring out 3 months
02/25/16 C Jori Lehtera Upper Body injured last game, "?" Saturday vs Nashville
02/24/16 RW Ryan Reaves Suspension expected to miss next 3 games; eligible to return Tuesday vs Ottawa
02/23/16 GO Brian Elliott Lower Body out indefinitely
02/21/16 LW Alexander Steen Upper Body expected to miss 3-4 weeks
02/08/16 D Alex Pietrangelo Knee out indefinitely
Nashville Predators Injuries
02/25/16 D Shea Weber Lower Body "?" Saturday vs St Louis
02/02/16 LW Eric Nystrom Foot out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Nashville
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.