Sunday, February 28, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Tampa Bay Lightning travel to TD Garden to play the Boston Bruins on Sunday, February 28, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Lightning at +225 and the Bruins at -255. The over/under has been set at 5.
Tampa Bay comes into this matchup having played 61 games. They have an overall record of 35-22-4 and on the road they have a record of 15-12-2. Currently they are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 169 goals and given up 149 goals for a point differential of +20. The Lightning have 4 overtime losses including 3 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 6-4-0. For the season they have an ATS record of 34-26 and an over/under record of 25-29-7. Boston shows up with a record of 34-22-6 including 13-15-3 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 194 goals and surrendered 171 for a goal differential of +23. The Bruins have 6 losses in OT and 1 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 6-4-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 33-28 while their over/under record sits at 29-26-7.
Steven Stamkos has accumulated 49 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 27 goals this season with 170 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Nikita Kucherov has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 24 goals on 156 shots. He has 25 assists giving him a total of 49 points on the season. Ben Bishop has 25 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 1,237 shots against him and has given up 94 goals. He has made 1,143 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Patrice Bergeron has accumulated 53 total points this season for the Bruins. He has 23 goals this season with 207 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Loui Eriksson has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 23 goals on 132 shots. He has 25 assists giving him a total of 48 points on the season. Tuukka Rask has 24 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Bruins. He has had 1,411 shots against him and has given up 115 goals. He has made 1,296 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning have 74 total points this season. They have scored 166 goals while giving up 146 goals. They have had 212 power play opportunities and have scored 36 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Lightning have allowed 182 power play opportunities and given up 31 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.35% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Bruins have a total of 74 points on the season. They have 39 power play goals on 176 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 22%. They have allowed 207 power play opportunities and have given up 36 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Lightning have a total of 190 goals scored while they've given up 170 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.73%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Tampa Bay has a Corsi percentage of 51.3% as they've attempted 3,367 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,190 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.8% as they have 2,523 attempts while they've given up 2,441 shots on the defensive end. The Lightning start possessions in the offensive zone 53.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.3% for the season. They have 1,793 face off wins compared to 1,821 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.6%. On defense Tampa Bay has 1,234 hits and they've blocked 749 shots from the opposition.
Boston has attempted 3,483 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,625 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49.3% as they have 2,642 shots while they've given up 2,712 attempts on defense. The Bruins have an offensive zone percentage of 49.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.1% as they've compiled 1,954 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,943 face off losses. On defense Boston has blocked 913 shot attempts and they have 1,647 hits as a unit.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 34-26 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 25-29-7 against the over/under
Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 33-28 straight up
The Boston Bruins are 29-26-7 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
02/09/16 D Jason Garrison Lower Body expected to miss 3-5 weeks
Boston Bruins Injuries
11/03/15 C Chris Kelly Leg out indefinitely
02/08/16 GO Malcolm Subban Throat out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Boston
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's Expert Expert NHL Picks.