Sunday, February 21, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Tampa Bay Lightning travel to PNC Arena to play the Carolina Hurricanes on Sunday, February 21, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Lightning at -120 and the Hurricanes at +100. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Tampa Bay comes into this matchup having played 58 games. They have an overall record of 31-22-4 and on the road they have a record of 13-12-2. Currently they are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 159 goals and given up 146 goals for a point differential of +13. The Lightning have 4 overtime losses including 3 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 6-4-0. For the season they have an ATS record of 30-26 and an over/under record of 24-27-7. Carolina shows up with a record of 27-22-10 including 15-9-6 at home this season. They are 6th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 146 goals and surrendered 156 for a goal differential of -10. The Hurricanes have 10 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 6-2-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 27-32 while their over/under record sits at 19-21-19.
Steven Stamkos has accumulated 43 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 23 goals this season with 162 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Nikita Kucherov has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 24 goals on 149 shots. He has 25 assists giving him a total of 49 points on the season. Ben Bishop has 22 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 1,146 shots against him and has given up 90 goals. He has made 1,056 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Jordan Staal has accumulated 37 total points this season for the Hurricanes. He has 15 goals this season with 103 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Victor Rask has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 14 goals on 114 shots. He has 21 assists giving him a total of 35 points on the season. Cam Ward has 17 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Hurricanes. He has had 912 shots against him and has given up 83 goals. He has made 829 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Lightning have 66 total points this season. They have scored 152 goals while giving up 141 goals. They have had 195 power play opportunities and have scored 35 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Lightning have allowed 173 power play opportunities and given up 31 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.13% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Hurricanes have a total of 64 points on the season. They have 32 power play goals on 181 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 145 power play opportunities and have given up 26 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Lightning have a total of 146 goals scored while they've given up 153 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.17%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Tampa Bay has a Corsi percentage of 51.6% as they've attempted 3,167 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,974 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.2% as they have 2,383 attempts while they've given up 2,274 shots on the defensive end. The Lightning start possessions in the offensive zone 53.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.4% for the season. They have 1,674 face off wins compared to 1,684 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.9%. On defense Tampa Bay has 1,144 hits and they've blocked 700 shots from the opposition.
Carolina has attempted 3,471 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,950 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 54.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 53.2% as they have 2,566 shots while they've given up 2,261 attempts on defense. The Hurricanes have an offensive zone percentage of 55.2% and their defensive zone percentage is 44.8% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 54% as they've compiled 1,808 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,539 face off losses. On defense Carolina has blocked 689 shot attempts and they have 1,100 hits as a unit.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 30-26 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 24-27-7 against the over/under
Carolina Hurricanes Betting Trends
The Carolina Hurricanes are 27-32 straight up
The Carolina Hurricanes are 19-21-19 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
12/15/15 F Joel Vermin Hand out 6-8 weeks
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
02/09/16 D Jason Garrison Lower Body expected to miss 3-5 weeks
Carolina Hurricanes Injuries
10/09/15 D James Wisniewski Knee out 6 months
02/17/16 D Justin Faulk Leg out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Carolina
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.