Sunday, March 13, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Tampa Bay Lightning travel to Nationwide Arena to play the Columbus Blue Jackets on Sunday, March 13, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Lightning at -135 and the Blue Jackets at +122. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Tampa Bay comes into this matchup having played 68 games. They have an overall record of 39-24-5 and on the road they have a record of 18-13-2. Currently they are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 186 goals and given up 163 goals for a point differential of +23. The Lightning have 5 overtime losses including 3 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 7-2-1. For the season they have an ATS record of 38-29 and an over/under record of 27-33-8. Columbus shows up with a record of 28-32-8 including 15-13-6 at home this season. They are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 180 goals and surrendered 211 for a goal differential of -31. The Blue Jackets have 8 losses in OT and 4 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 25-40 while their over/under record sits at 34-31-3.
Steven Stamkos has accumulated 52 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 29 goals this season with 184 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 23 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Nikita Kucherov has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 25 goals on 177 shots. He has 29 assists giving him a total of 54 points on the season. Ben Bishop has 28 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 1,386 shots against him and has given up 103 goals. He has made 1,283 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 45 total points this season for the Blue Jackets. He has 11 goals this season with 156 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 34 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Scott Hartnell has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 21 goals on 125 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 43 points on the season. Joonas Korpisalo has 14 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Blue Jackets. He has had 808 shots against him and has given up 66 goals. He has made 742 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning have 83 total points this season. They have scored 183 goals while giving up 160 goals. They have had 228 power play opportunities and have scored 38 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Lightning have allowed 205 power play opportunities and given up 35 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.28% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Blue Jackets have a total of 64 points on the season. They have 37 power play goals on 205 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 236 power play opportunities and have given up 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Lightning have a total of 175 goals scored while they've given up 207 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.95%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Tampa Bay has a Corsi percentage of 50.9% as they've attempted 3,745 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,615 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.5% as they have 2,802 attempts while they've given up 2,751 shots on the defensive end. The Lightning start possessions in the offensive zone 53.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.2% for the season. They have 1,964 face off wins compared to 2,016 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.3%. On defense Tampa Bay has 1,389 hits and they've blocked 864 shots from the opposition.
Columbus has attempted 3,562 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,012 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 47% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 47.5% as they have 2,665 shots while they've given up 2,948 attempts on defense. The Blue Jackets have an offensive zone percentage of 47.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 52.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.4% as they've compiled 2,021 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,151 face off losses. On defense Columbus has blocked 1,064 shot attempts and they have 1,824 hits as a unit.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 38-29 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 27-33-8 against the over/under
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Trends
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 25-40 straight up
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 34-31-3 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
Columbus Blue Jackets Injuries
03/11/16 LW Brandon Saad Concussion "?" Sunday vs Tampa Bay
02/26/16 D Jack Johnson Upper Body out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Tampa Bay
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.