Thursday, March 17, 2016
American Airlines Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Tampa Bay Lightning travel to American Airlines Center to play the Dallas Stars on Thursday, March 17, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Lightning at +118 and the Stars at -130. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Tampa Bay comes into this matchup having played 70 games. They have an overall record of 40-25-5 and on the road they have a record of 19-14-2. Currently they are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 191 goals and given up 167 goals for a point differential of +24. The Lightning have 5 overtime losses including 3 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 6-3-1. For the season they have an ATS record of 39-30 and an over/under record of 27-34-9. Dallas shows up with a record of 41-21-9 including 22-11-2 at home this season. They are 1st in the Central Division. They've scored 229 goals and surrendered 208 for a goal differential of +21. The Stars have 9 losses in OT and 2 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 3-4-3 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 41-30 while their over/under record sits at 40-30-1.
Steven Stamkos has accumulated 55 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 31 goals this season with 193 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 24 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Nikita Kucherov has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 25 goals on 181 shots. He has 30 assists giving him a total of 55 points on the season. Ben Bishop has 29 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 1,423 shots against him and has given up 103 goals. He has made 1,320 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Tyler Seguin has accumulated 72 total points this season for the Stars. He has 33 goals this season with 275 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 39 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Jamie Benn has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 34 goals on 223 shots. He has 43 assists giving him a total of 77 points on the season. Antti Niemi has 22 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Stars. He has had 1,124 shots against him and has given up 111 goals. He has made 1,013 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
The Lightning have 85 total points this season. They have scored 188 goals while giving up 164 goals. They have had 234 power play opportunities and have scored 38 goals on those chances for a percentage of 16%. The Lightning have allowed 213 power play opportunities and given up 35 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.24% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Stars have a total of 91 points on the season. They have 51 power play goals on 226 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 23%. They have allowed 214 power play opportunities and have given up 41 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Lightning have a total of 227 goals scored while they've given up 206 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.91%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Tampa Bay has a Corsi percentage of 50.9% as they've attempted 3,867 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,732 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.5% as they have 2,890 attempts while they've given up 2,838 shots on the defensive end. The Lightning start possessions in the offensive zone 53.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.4% for the season. They have 2,026 face off wins compared to 2,064 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.5%. On defense Tampa Bay has 1,417 hits and they've blocked 894 shots from the opposition.
Dallas has attempted 4,422 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,977 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52.4% as they have 3,255 shots while they've given up 2,958 attempts on defense. The Stars have an offensive zone percentage of 53% and their defensive zone percentage is 47% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.5% as they've compiled 2,287 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,244 face off losses. On defense Dallas has blocked 1,019 shot attempts and they have 1,307 hits as a unit.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 39-30 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 27-34-9 against the over/under
Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 41-30 straight up
The Dallas Stars are 40-30-1 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
03/15/16 C Cedric Paquette Lower Body "?" Thursday vs Dallas
03/15/16 C Valtteri Filppula Upper Body out indefinitely
Dallas Stars Injuries
03/15/16 D John Klingberg Lower Body "?" Thursday vs Tampa Bay
03/15/16 C Mattias Janmark Upper Body "?" Thursday vs Tampa Bay
03/15/16 LW Patrick Sharp Lower Body "?" Thursday vs Tampa Bay
03/08/16 D Jason Demers Shoulder out indefinitely
03/03/16 D Jordie Benn Lower Body expected to miss 1-2 weeks
Tony's Pick: Take Dallas
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's Expert Expert NHL Picks.