Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Joe Louis Arena
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Tampa Bay Lightning travel to Joe Louis Arena to play the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday, April 19, 2016. Tampa Bay leads the series 2-1. The opening line for this game has the Lightning at +105 and the Red Wings at -125. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Tampa Bay comes into this matchup after having a regular season record of 46-31-5 and on the road they had a record of 21-18-2. They finished 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They scored 227 goals and gave up 201 goals for a point differential of +26. The Lightning had 5 overtime losses including 3 of them in a shootout. In their last 10 games they had an overall record of 5-5-0. For the season they had an ATS record of 45-35 and an over/under record of 34-38-10. Detroit had a regular season record of 41-30-11 including 22-13-6 at home this season. They were 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They scored 211 goals and surrendered 224 for a goal differential of -13. The Red Wings had 11 losses in OT and 5 of them occurred in a shootout. They had a record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread was 40-40 while their over/under record sat at 31-36-15.
Nikita Kucherov accumulated 66 total points this season for the Lightning. He had 30 goals this season with 209 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He had a total of 36 assists on the season and averaged 18 minutes played per game. Victor Hedman averaged 23 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 10 goals on 180 shots. He had 37 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Ben Bishop had 35 wins and 21 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He had 1,672 shots against him and gave up 123 goals. He made 1,549 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Dylan Larkin accumulated 45 total points this season for the Red Wings. He had 23 goals this season with 221 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He had a total of 22 assists on the season and averaged 17 minutes played per game. Henrik Zetterberg averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 13 goals on 214 shots. He had 37 assists giving him a total of 50 points on the season. Petr Mrazek had 27 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He had 1,448 shots against him and gave up 115 goals. He made 1,333 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning had 97 total points this season. They scored 224 goals while giving up 198 goals. They had 279 power play opportunities and scored 44 goals on those chances for a percentage of 16%. The Lightning allowed 257 power play opportunities and gave up 41 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They averaged 29 shots per game and as a team they shot 9.33% for the season. They allowed 29 shots to their opposition per contest and had a team save percentage of 92%.
The Red Wings had a total of 93 points on the season. They had 50 power play goals on 266 opportunities for a percentage of 19%. They allowed 271 power play opportunities and gave up 50 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Lightning had a total of 209 goals scored while they gave up 219 goals during the campaign. They averaged 30 shots per contest and had a team shooting percentage of 8.59%. As a team they gave up 30 shots per game and had a save percentage of 91%.
Tampa Bay had a Corsi percentage of 51.1% as they attempted 4,533 shots on net at full strength while they gave up 4,345 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage was at 50.5% as they had 3,391 attempts while they gave up 3,318 shots on the defensive end. The Lightning started possessions in the offensive zone 53.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage was at 46.7% for the season. They had 2,372 face off wins compared to 2,421 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage was 49.5%. On defense Tampa Bay had 1,682 hits and they blocked 1,027 shots from the opposition.
Detroit attempted 4,458 shots at full strength and they gave up 4,239 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage was at 51.3% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they were at 50.3% as they had 3,370 shots while they gave up 3,330 attempts on defense. The Red Wings had an offensive zone percentage of 53.5% and their defensive zone percentage was 46.5% this season. They had a faceoff win percentage of 50.5% as they compiled 2,417 face off wins this season and they suffered 2,367 face off losses. On defense Detroit blocked 909 shot attempts and they had 1,651 hits as a unit.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning were 45-35 straight up this season
The Tampa Bay Lightning were 34-38-10 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings were 40-40 straight up this season
The Detroit Red Wings were 31-36-15 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
04/17/16 D Anton Stralman Fibula expected to miss Round 1 series vs Detroit
04/16/16 RW J.T. Brown Upper Body out indefinitely
04/03/16 C Steven Stamkos Blood Clot expected to miss 1-3 months
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
04/17/16 D Alexey Marchenko Upper Body injured last game, probable Tuesday vs. Tampa Bay
01/11/16 LW Drew Miller Knee out 4-6 months
Tony's Pick: Take Tampa Bay
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.