Saturday, April 9, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Tampa Bay Lightning travel to Bell Centre to play the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday, April 9, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Lightning at -130 and the Canadiens at +118. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Tampa Bay comes into this matchup having played 81 games. They have an overall record of 46-30-5 and on the road they have a record of 21-17-2. Currently they are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 225 goals and given up 196 goals for a point differential of +29. The Lightning have 5 overtime losses including 3 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 6-4-0. For the season they have an ATS record of 45-35 and an over/under record of 33-38-10. Montreal shows up with a record of 37-38-6 including 21-16-3 at home this season. They are 6th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 216 goals and surrendered 234 for a goal differential of -18. The Canadiens have 6 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 4-6-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 35-44 while their over/under record sits at 39-30-12.
Nikita Kucherov has accumulated 66 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 30 goals this season with 209 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 36 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Victor Hedman has averaged 23 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 10 goals on 180 shots. He has 37 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Ben Bishop has 35 wins and 21 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 1,672 shots against him and has given up 123 goals. He has made 1,549 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Tomas Plekanec has accumulated 53 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 13 goals this season with 187 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 40 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 28 goals on 298 shots. He has 33 assists giving him a total of 61 points on the season. Mike Condon has 20 wins and 25 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 1,435 shots against him and has given up 139 goals. He has made 1,296 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
The Lightning have 97 total points this season. They have scored 222 goals while giving up 193 goals. They have had 276 power play opportunities and have scored 44 goals on those chances for a percentage of 16%. The Lightning have allowed 251 power play opportunities and given up 40 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.33% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Canadiens have a total of 80 points on the season. They have 41 power play goals on 253 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 251 power play opportunities and have given up 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Lightning have a total of 211 goals scored while they've given up 231 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.53%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Tampa Bay has a Corsi percentage of 51.1% as they've attempted 4,484 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,292 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.6% as they have 3,359 attempts while they've given up 3,275 shots on the defensive end. The Lightning start possessions in the offensive zone 53.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.5% for the season. They have 2,339 face off wins compared to 2,393 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.4%. On defense Tampa Bay has 1,648 hits and they've blocked 1,017 shots from the opposition.
Montreal has attempted 4,655 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,398 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.4% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.9% as they have 3,388 shots while they've given up 3,271 attempts on defense. The Canadiens have an offensive zone percentage of 49.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.4% as they've compiled 2,593 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,553 face off losses. On defense Montreal has blocked 1,127 shot attempts and they have 1,915 hits as a unit.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 45-35 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 33-38-10 against the over/under
Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 35-44 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 39-30-12 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
04/08/16 RW Ryan Callahan Lower Body is downgraded to doubtful Saturday vs. Montreal
04/07/16 D Victor Hedman Upper Body "?" Saturday vs Montreal
04/03/16 C Steven Stamkos Blood Clot expected to miss 1-3 months
03/26/16 D Anton Stralman Fibula out indefinitely
Montreal Canadiens Injuries
04/06/16 LW Lucas Lessio Knee out for season
04/01/16 D Nathan Beaulieu Thumb out for season
03/29/16 D Victor Bartley Foot out for season
03/18/16 D Mark Barberio Concussion out for season
03/14/16 D P.K. Subban Neck out for season
02/23/16 D Tom Gilbert Knee out for season
02/11/16 D Jeff Petry Hernia out for season
02/10/16 C Brian Flynn Lower Body expected to miss 6-8 weeks
01/21/16 GO Carey Price Knee out for season
Tony's Pick: Take Tampa Bay
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.