Friday, February 26, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Tampa Bay Lightning travel to Prudential Center to play the New Jersey Devils on Friday, February 26, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Lightning at -120 and the Devils at +100. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Tampa Bay comes into this matchup having played 60 games. They have an overall record of 34-22-4 and on the road they have a record of 14-12-2. Currently they are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 165 goals and given up 149 goals for a point differential of +16. The Lightning have 4 overtime losses including 3 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 6-4-0. For the season they have an ATS record of 33-26 and an over/under record of 25-28-7. New Jersey shows up with a record of 30-24-7 including 15-12-4 at home this season. They are 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 138 goals and surrendered 143 for a goal differential of -5. The Devils have 7 losses in OT and 6 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 30-31 while their over/under record sits at 18-28-15.
Steven Stamkos has accumulated 47 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 26 goals this season with 166 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Nikita Kucherov has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 24 goals on 152 shots. He has 25 assists giving him a total of 49 points on the season. Ben Bishop has 24 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 1,216 shots against him and has given up 94 goals. He has made 1,122 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Mike Cammalleri has accumulated 38 total points this season for the Devils. He has 14 goals this season with 101 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 24 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Adam Henrique has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 19 goals on 110 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 38 points on the season. Cory Schneider has 26 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Devils. He has had 1,442 shots against him and has given up 105 goals. He has made 1,337 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Lightning have 72 total points this season. They have scored 162 goals while giving up 146 goals. They have had 206 power play opportunities and have scored 36 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Lightning have allowed 181 power play opportunities and given up 31 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.32% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Devils have a total of 67 points on the season. They have 40 power play goals on 189 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 21%. They have allowed 192 power play opportunities and have given up 33 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Lightning have a total of 136 goals scored while they've given up 137 goals to this point. They average 25 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.07%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Tampa Bay has a Corsi percentage of 51.2% as they've attempted 3,312 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,155 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.7% as they have 2,479 attempts while they've given up 2,412 shots on the defensive end. The Lightning start possessions in the offensive zone 53.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.6% for the season. They have 1,753 face off wins compared to 1,791 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.5%. On defense Tampa Bay has 1,226 hits and they've blocked 743 shots from the opposition.
New Jersey has attempted 2,683 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,132 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 46.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 46.9% as they have 2,076 shots while they've given up 2,354 attempts on defense. The Devils have an offensive zone percentage of 47.9% and their defensive zone percentage is 52.1% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 47.3% as they've compiled 1,638 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,822 face off losses. On defense New Jersey has blocked 778 shot attempts and they have 1,414 hits as a unit.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 33-26 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 25-28-7 against the over/under
New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 30-31 straight up
The New Jersey Devils are 18-28-15 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
12/15/15 F Joel Vermin Hand out 6-8 weeks
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
02/23/16 RW Nikita Kucherov Lower Body "?" Friday vs New Jersey
02/09/16 D Jason Garrison Lower Body expected to miss 3-5 weeks
New Jersey Devils Injuries
12/29/15 LW Patrik Elias Knee out indefinitely
02/13/16 LW Stefan Matteau Facial out indefinitely
02/11/16 LW Michael Cammalleri Hand out indefinitely
01/23/16 C Jiri Tlusty Wrist out for season
Guy's Pick: Take New Jersey
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.