Thursday, April 7, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Tampa Bay Lightning travel to Prudential Center to play the New Jersey Devils on Thursday, April 7, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Lightning at +204 and the Devils at -228. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Tampa Bay comes into this matchup having played 80 games. They have an overall record of 45-30-5 and on the road they have a record of 20-17-2. Currently they are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 221 goals and given up 194 goals for a point differential of +27. The Lightning have 5 overtime losses including 3 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 5-5-0. For the season they have an ATS record of 44-35 and an over/under record of 32-38-10. New Jersey shows up with a record of 37-35-8 including 18-16-5 at home this season. They are 7th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 177 goals and surrendered 203 for a goal differential of -26. The Devils have 8 losses in OT and 6 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 37-43 while their over/under record sits at 25-38-17.
Nikita Kucherov has accumulated 65 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 30 goals this season with 206 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 35 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Victor Hedman has averaged 23 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 10 goals on 180 shots. He has 37 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Ben Bishop has 34 wins and 21 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 1,650 shots against him and has given up 121 goals. He has made 1,529 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Mike Cammalleri has accumulated 38 total points this season for the Devils. He has 14 goals this season with 101 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 24 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Adam Henrique has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 20% by scoring 28 goals on 143 shots. He has 20 assists giving him a total of 48 points on the season. Cory Schneider has 26 wins and 25 losses this season in net for the Devils. He has had 1,577 shots against him and has given up 121 goals. He has made 1,456 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning have 95 total points this season. They have scored 218 goals while giving up 191 goals. They have had 274 power play opportunities and have scored 44 goals on those chances for a percentage of 16%. The Lightning have allowed 250 power play opportunities and given up 40 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.25% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Devils have a total of 82 points on the season. They have 51 power play goals on 249 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 259 power play opportunities and have given up 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Lightning have a total of 175 goals scored while they've given up 197 goals to this point. They average 24 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.00%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Tampa Bay has a Corsi percentage of 51.1% as they've attempted 4,443 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,253 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.7% as they have 3,329 attempts while they've given up 3,243 shots on the defensive end. The Lightning start possessions in the offensive zone 53.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.5% for the season. They have 2,314 face off wins compared to 2,363 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.5%. On defense Tampa Bay has 1,637 hits and they've blocked 1,010 shots from the opposition.
New Jersey has attempted 3,509 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,152 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 45.8% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 46.5% as they have 2,708 shots while they've given up 3,121 attempts on defense. The Devils have an offensive zone percentage of 46.9% and their defensive zone percentage is 53.1% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 46.3% as they've compiled 2,133 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,469 face off losses. On defense New Jersey has blocked 1,031 shot attempts and they have 1,814 hits as a unit.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 44-35 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 32-38-10 against the over/under
New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 37-43 straight up
The New Jersey Devils are 25-38-17 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
04/05/16 RW Ryan Callahan Lower Body "?" Thursday vs New Jersey
04/05/16 D Victor Hedman Upper Body "?" Thursday vs New Jersey
04/03/16 C Steven Stamkos Blood Clot expected to miss 1-3 months
03/26/16 D Anton Stralman Fibula out indefinitely
New Jersey Devils Injuries
04/05/16 C Joseph Blandisi Lower Body "?" Thursday vs Tampa Bay
04/01/16 RW Jordin Tootoo Wrist out for season
03/22/16 D Jon Merrill Shoulder out for season
02/11/16 LW Michael Cammalleri Hand out for season
01/23/16 C Jiri Tlusty Wrist out for season
Josh's Pick: Take Tampa Bay
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.