Monday, April 4, 2016
Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Tampa Bay Lightning travel to Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum to play the New York Islanders on Monday, April 4, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Lightning at +165 and the Islanders at -185. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Tampa Bay comes into this matchup having played 78 games. They have an overall record of 45-28-5 and on the road they have a record of 20-15-2. Currently they are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 217 goals and given up 186 goals for a point differential of +31. The Lightning have 5 overtime losses including 3 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 6-4-0. For the season they have an ATS record of 44-33 and an over/under record of 31-38-9. New York shows up with a record of 42-26-9 including 24-10-4 at home this season. They are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 214 goals and surrendered 201 for a goal differential of +13. The Islanders have 9 losses in OT and 5 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 40-35 while their over/under record sits at 30-40-7.
Nikita Kucherov has accumulated 64 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 30 goals this season with 200 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 34 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Victor Hedman has averaged 23 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 5% by scoring 9 goals on 176 shots. He has 37 assists giving him a total of 46 points on the season. Ben Bishop has 34 wins and 20 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 1,627 shots against him and has given up 116 goals. He has made 1,511 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
John Tavares has accumulated 61 total points this season for the Islanders. He has 29 goals this season with 239 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 32 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Kyle Okposo has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 21 goals on 188 shots. He has 37 assists giving him a total of 58 points on the season. Thomas Greiss has 21 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Islanders. He has had 1,117 shots against him and has given up 85 goals. He has made 1,032 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning have 95 total points this season. They have scored 214 goals while giving up 183 goals. They have had 264 power play opportunities and have scored 43 goals on those chances for a percentage of 16%. The Lightning have allowed 242 power play opportunities and given up 38 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.38% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Islanders have a total of 93 points on the season. They have 41 power play goals on 217 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 217 power play opportunities and have given up 33 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. As a team, the Lightning have a total of 209 goals scored while they've given up 196 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.15%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Tampa Bay has a Corsi percentage of 51% as they've attempted 4,315 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,150 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.6% as they have 3,230 attempts while they've given up 3,159 shots on the defensive end. The Lightning start possessions in the offensive zone 53.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.7% for the season. They have 2,263 face off wins compared to 2,312 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.5%. On defense Tampa Bay has 1,598 hits and they've blocked 991 shots from the opposition.
New York has attempted 4,357 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,435 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49.8% as they have 3,175 shots while they've given up 3,198 attempts on defense. The Islanders have an offensive zone percentage of 52.2% and their defensive zone percentage is 47.8% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.9% as they've compiled 2,200 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,209 face off losses. On defense New York has blocked 1,237 shot attempts and they have 2,182 hits as a unit.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 44-33 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 31-38-9 against the over/under
New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 40-35 straight up
The New York Islanders are 30-40-7 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
04/03/16 C Steven Stamkos Blood Clot expected to miss 1-3 months
03/26/16 D Anton Stralman Fibula out indefinitely
New York Islanders Injuries
04/01/16 D Travis Hamonic Knee out for regular season
03/18/16 C Mikhail Grabovski Upper Body out indefinitely
03/13/16 D Adam Pelech Shoulder out indefinitely
03/09/16 GO Jaroslav Halak Groin expected to miss 6-8 weeks
Guy's Pick: Take New York
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.