Saturday, February 20, 2016
Consol Energy Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Tampa Bay Lightning travel to Consol Energy Center to play the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday, February 20, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Lightning at +123 and the Penguins at -136. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Tampa Bay comes into this matchup having played 57 games. They have an overall record of 31-22-4 and on the road they have a record of 12-12-2. Currently they are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 155 goals and given up 144 goals for a point differential of +11. The Lightning have 4 overtime losses including 3 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 5-5-0. For the season they have an ATS record of 30-26 and an over/under record of 23-27-7. Pittsburgh shows up with a record of 29-19-8 including 17-8-4 at home this season. They are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 148 goals and surrendered 144 for a goal differential of +4. The Penguins have 8 losses in OT and 4 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 28-27 while their over/under record sits at 21-25-10.
Steven Stamkos has accumulated 43 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 23 goals this season with 162 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Nikita Kucherov has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 24 goals on 149 shots. He has 25 assists giving him a total of 49 points on the season. Ben Bishop has 22 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 1,146 shots against him and has given up 90 goals. He has made 1,056 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Sidney Crosby has accumulated 55 total points this season for the Penguins. He has 25 goals this season with 168 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Evgeni Malkin has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 23 goals on 140 shots. He has 26 assists giving him a total of 49 points on the season. Marc-Andre Fleury has 23 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He has had 1,253 shots against him and has given up 98 goals. He has made 1,155 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning have 66 total points this season. They have scored 152 goals while giving up 141 goals. They have had 195 power play opportunities and have scored 35 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Lightning have allowed 173 power play opportunities and given up 31 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.13% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Penguins have a total of 66 points on the season. They have 35 power play goals on 181 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 178 power play opportunities and have given up 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Lightning have a total of 146 goals scored while they've given up 140 goals to this point. They average 33 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.99%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Tampa Bay has a Corsi percentage of 51.6% as they've attempted 3,167 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,974 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 51.2% as they have 2,383 attempts while they've given up 2,274 shots on the defensive end. The Lightning start possessions in the offensive zone 53.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.4% for the season. They have 1,674 face off wins compared to 1,684 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.9%. On defense Tampa Bay has 1,144 hits and they've blocked 700 shots from the opposition.
Pittsburgh has attempted 3,244 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,094 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.2% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.1% as they have 2,466 shots while they've given up 2,359 attempts on defense. The Penguins have an offensive zone percentage of 51.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 48.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.2% as they've compiled 1,782 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,768 face off losses. On defense Pittsburgh has blocked 735 shot attempts and they have 1,394 hits as a unit.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 30-26 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 23-27-7 against the over/under
Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 28-27 straight up
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 21-25-10 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
12/15/15 F Joel Vermin Hand out 6-8 weeks
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
02/19/16 C Vladislav Namestnikov Upper Body is upgraded to probable Saturday vs. Pittsburgh
02/09/16 D Jason Garrison Lower Body expected to miss 3-5 weeks
Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
12/08/15 RW Pascal Dupuis Blood Clot has retired
02/19/16 C Evgeni Malkin Lower Body expected to miss Saturday vs. Tampa Bay & Sunday vs. Buffalo
02/04/16 RW Eric Fehr Lower Body out a month
02/02/16 RW Beau Bennett Shoulder out indefinitely
01/23/16 D David Warsofsky Concussion out indefinitely
01/14/16 C Nick Bonino Hand out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Pittsburgh
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.