Saturday, December 3, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Toronto Maple Leafs travel to Rogers Arena to play the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday, December 3, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Maple Leafs at -120 and the Canucks at +109. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Toronto comes into this matchup having played 23 games. They have an overall record of 10-9-4 and on the road they have a record of 2-6-4. Currently they are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 70 goals and given up 74 goals for a point differential of -4. The Maple Leafs have an overall record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 10-13 and an over/under record of 13-10-0. Vancouver shows up with a record of 10-12-2 including 7-5-1 at home this season. They are 6th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 55 goals and surrendered 73 for a goal differential of -18. The Canucks have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 8-14 while their over/under record sits at 11-10-3.
Auston Matthews has accumulated 18 total points this season for the Maple Leafs. He has 10 goals this season with 84 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 8 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Nazem Kadri has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 10 goals on 64 shots. He has 7 assists giving him a total of 17 points on the season. Frederik Andersen has 10 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Maple Leafs. He has had 617 shots against him and has given up 54 goals. He has made 563 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Daniel Sedin has accumulated 14 total points this season for the Canucks. He has 6 goals this season with 68 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 8 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Henrik Sedin has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 21% by scoring 6 goals on 28 shots. He has 9 assists giving him a total of 15 points on the season. Jacob Markstrom has 6 wins and 3 losses this season in net for the Canucks. He has had 316 shots against him and has given up 31 goals. He has made 285 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
The Maple Leafs have 24 total points this season. They have scored 70 goals while giving up 74 goals. They have had 68 power play opportunities and have scored 12 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Maple Leafs have allowed 73 power play opportunities and given up 11 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. They average 32 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.43% for the season to this point. They allow 33 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Canucks have a total of 22 points on the season. They have 10 power play goals on 70 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 14%. They have allowed 64 power play opportunities and have given up 9 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. As a team, the Maple Leafs have a total of 55 goals scored while they've given up 73 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.75%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Toronto has a Corsi percentage of 49.4% as they've attempted 1,385 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,417 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.5% as they have 1,037 attempts while they've given up 1,058 shots on the defensive end. The Maple Leafs start possessions in the offensive zone 50% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50% for the season. They have 684 face off wins compared to 704 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.3%. On defense Toronto has 584 hits and they've blocked 359 shots from the opposition.
Vancouver has attempted 1,310 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,279 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49.7% as they have 958 shots while they've given up 968 attempts on defense. The Canucks have an offensive zone percentage of 54.2% and their defensive zone percentage is 45.8% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.8% as they've compiled 755 face off wins this season and they have suffered 732 face off losses. On defense Vancouver has blocked 311 shot attempts and they have 468 hits as a unit.
Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Trends
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 10-13 straight up
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 13-10-0 against the over/under
Vancouver Canucks Betting Trends
The Vancouver Canucks are 8-14 straight up
The Vancouver Canucks are 11-10-3 against the over/under
Toronto Maple Leafs Injuries
11/30/16 D Stephane Robidas Knee "?" Saturday vs Vancouver
11/29/16 C Peter Holland Personal out indefinitely
10/18/16 LW Josh Leivo Lower Body out indefinitely
10/09/16 LW Joffrey Lupul Abdominal out indefinitely
10/09/16 RW Nathan Horton Back out indefinitely
Vancouver Canucks Injuries
11/28/16 D Alexander Edler Finger expected to miss 4-6 weeks
11/23/16 RW Derek Dorsett Upper Body out indefinitely
11/08/16 D Christopher Tanev Foot out indefinitely
11/06/16 RW Jannik Hansen Ribs expected to miss 4-6 weeks
10/18/16 RW Anton Rodin Knee out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Vancouver +109
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.