Tuesday, December 13, 2016
Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Washington Capitals head to Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum to take on the New York Islanders on Tuesday, December 13, 2016. The opening line for this matchup has the Capitals at -130 and the Islanders at +118. The over/under is 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Washington comes into this game having played 27 contests. They have an overall record of 17-7-3 and away from home they have a record of 6-3-3. Currently they are 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They've tallied 72 goals and surrendered 59 goals for a point differential of +13. The Capitals have an overall record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 17-10 and an over/under record of 10-11-6. New York comes into this game with a record of 11-11-5 including 9-4-4 at home this season. They are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 71 goals and surrendered 81 for a goal differential of -10. The Islanders have a record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 10-16 while their over/under record sits at 12-11-4.
Marcus Johansson has accumulated 21 total points this season for the Capitals. He has 12 goals this season with 49 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 24%. He has a total of 9 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Alex Ovechkin has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 13 goals on 109 shots. He has 8 assists giving him a total of 21 points on the season. Braden Holtby has 13 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Capitals. He has had 588 shots against him and has given up 44 goals. He has made 544 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Brock Nelson has accumulated 17 total points this season for the Islanders. He has 6 goals this season with 60 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 11 assists on the season and averages 16 minutes played per game. John Tavares has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 9 goals on 80 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 22 points on the season. Jaroslav Halak has 5 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Islanders. He has had 573 shots against him and has given up 53 goals. He has made 520 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Capitals have 37 total points this season. They have scored 72 goals while giving up 59 goals. They have had 88 power play opportunities and have scored 15 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Capitals have allowed 90 power play opportunities and given up 15 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.79% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 93%.
The Islanders have a total of 27 points on the season. They have 10 power play goals on 77 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 13%. They have allowed 94 power play opportunities and have given up 15 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Capitals have a total of 71 goals scored while they've given up 81 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.98%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Washington has a Corsi percentage of 52.9% as they've attempted 1,564 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,393 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52% as they have 1,169 attempts while they've given up 1,080 shots on the defensive end. The Capitals start possessions in the offensive zone 54.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 45.1% for the season. They have 823 face off wins compared to 793 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.9%. On defense Washington has 525 hits and they've blocked 313 shots from the opposition.
New York has attempted 1,453 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,790 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 44.8% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 46.2% as they have 1,085 shots while they've given up 1,266 attempts on defense. The Islanders have an offensive zone percentage of 50.1% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.9% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.9% as they've compiled 775 face off wins this season and they have suffered 810 face off losses. On defense New York has blocked 524 shot attempts and they have 689 hits as a unit.
Washington Capitals Betting Trends
The Washington Capitals are 17-10 straight up
The Washington Capitals are 10-11-6 against the over/under
New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 10-16 straight up
The New York Islanders are 12-11-4 against the over/under
Washington Capitals Injuries
No key injuries to report
New York Islanders Injuries
12/03/16 D Adam Pelech Upper Body expected to miss 3-5 days
11/14/16 D Dennis Seidenberg Jaw out indefinitely
10/10/16 C Mikhail Grabovski Concussion out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Washington -130
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.