Monday, April 18, 2016
Wells Fargo Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Washington Capitals travel to Wells Fargo Center to play the Philadelphia Flyers on Monday, April 18, 2016. The Capitals lead the series 2-0. The opening line for this game has the Capitals at -150 and the Flyers at +130. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Washington comes into this matchup after having a regular season record of 56-18-8 and on the road they had a record of 27-10-4. They finished 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They scored 252 goals and gave up 193 goals for a point differential of +59. The Capitals had 8 overtime losses including 2 of them in a shootout. In their last 10 games they had an overall record of 4-3-3. For the season they had an ATS record of 53-25 and an over/under record of 33-32-17. Philadelphia had a regular season record of 41-27-14 including 23-10-8 at home this season. They were 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They scored 214 goals and surrendered 218 for a goal differential of -4. The Flyers had 14 losses in OT and 8 of them occurred in a shootout. They had a record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread was 38-41 while their over/under record sat at 32-30-20.
Alex Ovechkin accumulated 71 total points this season for the Capitals. He had 50 goals this season with 398 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He had a total of 21 assists on the season and averaged 20 minutes played per game. Evgeny Kuznetsov averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 20 goals on 193 shots. He had 57 assists giving him a total of 77 points on the season. Braden Holtby had 48 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Capitals. He had 1,802 shots against him and gave up 141 goals. He made 1,661 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Claude Giroux accumulated 67 total points this season for the Flyers. He had 22 goals this season with 241 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He had a total of 45 assists on the season and averaged 21 minutes played per game. Wayne Simmonds averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 32 goals on 229 shots. He had 28 assists giving him a total of 60 points on the season. Steve Mason had 23 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Flyers. He had 1,602 shots against him and gave up 132 goals. He made 1,470 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Capitals had 120 total points this season. They scored 248 goals while giving up 191 goals. They had 251 power play opportunities and scored 55 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. The Capitals allowed 256 power play opportunities and gave up 38 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. They averaged 31 shots per game and as a team they shot 9.88% for the season. They allowed 28 shots to their opposition per contest and had a team save percentage of 92%.
The Flyers had a total of 96 points on the season. They had 53 power play goals on 280 opportunities for a percentage of 19%. They allowed 262 power play opportunities and gave up 51 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Capitals had a total of 211 goals scored while they gave up 210 goals during the campaign. They averaged 31 shots per contest and had a team shooting percentage of 8.31%. As a team they gave up 31 shots per game and had a save percentage of 92%.
Washington had a Corsi percentage of 50.1% as they attempted 4,556 shots on net at full strength while they gave up 4,546 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage was at 51.2% as they had 3,452 attempts while they gave up 3,290 shots on the defensive end. The Capitals started possessions in the offensive zone 51.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage was at 48.3% for the season. They had 2,350 face off wins compared to 2,378 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage was 49.7%. On defense Washington had 1,985 hits and they blocked 1,256 shots from the opposition.
Philadelphia attempted 4,854 shots at full strength and they gave up 4,682 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage was at 50.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they were at 51% as they had 3,517 shots while they gave up 3,384 attempts on defense. The Flyers had an offensive zone percentage of 51.6% and their defensive zone percentage was 48.4% this season. They had a faceoff win percentage of 51.1% as they compiled 2,512 face off wins this season and they suffered 2,402 face off losses. On defense Philadelphia blocked 1,298 shot attempts and they had 2,190 hits as a unit.
Washington Capitals Betting Trends
The Washington Capitals were 53-25 straight up this season
The Washington Capitals were 33-32-17 against the over/under
Philadelphia Flyers Betting Trends
The Philadelphia Flyers were 38-41 straight up this season
The Philadelphia Flyers were 32-30-20 against the over/under
Washington Capitals Injuries
No key injuries to report
Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
04/15/16 C Sean Couturier Shoulder expected to miss Round 1 series vs Washington
02/22/16 D Michael Del Zotto Wrist out for season
Josh's Pick: Take Philadelphia
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.