Thursday, May 18, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Anaheim Ducks travel to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Thursday in Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals. Nashville leads the series 2-1. The opening line for this game has the Ducks at +125 and the Predators at -155.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Anaheim had a regular season record of 46-23-13 and on the road they had a record of 17-15-9. They finished 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 223 goals and given up 200 goals for a point differential of +23. For the season they have an ATS record of 42-36 and an over/under record of 28-36-18. Nashville finished with a record of 41-29-12 including 24-9-8 at home this season. They were 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 240 goals and surrendered 224 for a goal differential of +16. Their record against the spread is 39-41 while their over/under record sits at 41-35-6.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Valuable Anaheim Ducks Betting Trends
The Anaheim Ducks are 42-36 straight up
The Anaheim Ducks are 28-36-18 against the over/under
Important Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 39-41 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 41-35-6 against the over/under
Key Anaheim Ducks Injuries
10/14/16 D Simon Despres Concussion out indefinitely
05/16/17 C Logan Shaw Groin "?" Thursday vs. Nashville
05/13/17 RW Patrick Eaves Lower Body out indefinitely
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
04/27/17 LW Kevin Fiala Lower Body out for season
Ryan Getzlaf has accumulated 73 total points this season for the Ducks. He has 15 goals this season with 138 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 58 assists on the season and averages 21.1 minutes played per game. Ryan Kesler has averaged 21.3 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 22 goals on 186 shots. He has 36 assists giving him a total of 58 points on the season. John Gibson has 25 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Ducks. He has had 1,437 shots against him and has given up 109 goals. He has made 1,328 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Viktor Arvidsson has accumulated 61 total points this season for the Predators. He has 31 goals this season with 246 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 17.2 minutes played per game. Ryan Johansen has averaged 18.8 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 14 goals on 154 shots. He has 47 assists giving him a total of 61 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 31 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,757 shots against him and has given up 144 goals. He has made 1,613 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Ducks have 105 total points this season. They have scored 223 goals while giving up 200 goals. They have had 251 power play opportunities and have scored 47 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Ducks have allowed 281 power play opportunities and given up 43 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.20% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators have a total of 94 points on the season. They have 49 power play goals on 259 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 241 power play opportunities and have given up 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Ducks have a total of 240 goals scored while they've given up 224 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.39%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Anaheim has a Corsi percentage of 49.6% as they've attempted 4,579 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,657 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.6% as they have 3,457 attempts while they've given up 3,509 shots on the defensive end. The Ducks start possessions in the offensive zone 47.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 52.1% for the season. They have 2,687 face off wins compared to 2,226 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 54.7%. On defense Anaheim has 2,146 hits and they've blocked 1,148 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 4,776 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,570 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.6% as they have 3,545 shots while they've given up 3,460 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 50.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.4% as they've compiled 2,599 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,453 face off losses. On defense Nashville has blocked 1,110 shot attempts and they have 1,660 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Ducks/Predators NHL game against the spread? Tony's Pick: Take Nashville -155 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Nashville -155
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.