Anaheim Ducks at St. Louis Blues NHL Picks & Predictions 12/14/2017
Thursday, December 14, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Anaheim Ducks travel to Scottrade Center to play the St. Louis Blues on Thursday, December 14, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Ducks at +127 and the Blues at -140.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Anaheim has a record of 13-11-7 this season and on the road they have a record of 5-4-4. They are 5th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 83 goals and given up 91 goals for a point differential of -8. For the season they have an ATS record of 13-18-0 and an over/under record of 11-19-0. St. Louis is 21-9-2 including 11-6-0 at home this season. They are 1st in the Central Division. They've scored 104 goals and surrendered 81 for a goal differential of +23. Their record against the spread is 21-11-0 while their over/under record is 15-17-0.
Valuable Anaheim Ducks Betting Trends
The Anaheim Ducks are 13-18-0 straight up this year
The Anaheim Ducks are 11-19-0 against the over/under this season
Important St. Louis Blues Betting Trends
The St. Louis Blues are 21-11-0 straight up this year
The St. Louis Blues are 15-17-0 against the over/under this season
Key Anaheim Ducks Injuries
12/12/17 RW Corey Perry Leg IR (12/11)
12/11/17 LW Nick Ritchie Upper Body is "?" Thursday vs St Louis
12/08/17 C Joe Blandisi Upper Body IR (12/05)
12/08/17 D Hampus Lindholm Upper Body IR (12/04)
12/01/17 LW Michael Liambas Undisclosed IR (11/30)
10/22/17 RW Patrick Eaves Lower Body IR (10/14)
10/02/17 C Ryan Kesler Hip IR (10/03)
Key St. Louis Blues Injuries
12/12/17 D Alex Pietrangelo Foot IR (12/09)
12/12/17 D Jay Bouwmeester Undisclosed is "?" Thursday vs Anaheim
12/10/17 LW Jaden Schwartz Ankle IR (12/10)
12/08/17 GO Carter Hutton Lower Body IR (12/07)
10/07/17 LW Zachary Sanford Shoulder IR (10/01)
09/27/17 C Robby Fabbri ACL IR (10/01)
Corey Perry has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Ducks. He has 6 goals this year with 64 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 16 assists on the season and averages 17.6 minutes played per game. Rickard Rakell averages 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 8 goals on 74 shots. He has 11 assists, giving him a total of 19 points on the season. John Gibson has 9 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Ducks. He has 819 shots against him and he's given up 65 goals. He's made 754 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Vladimir Tarasenko has scored 33 total points this year for the Blues. He has 14 goals this season with 140 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 19 assists on the season and averages 19.9 minutes played per game. Brayden Schenn averages 19.4 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 18% by scoring 16 goals on 87 shots. He has 21 assists, giving him a total of 37 points on the season. Jake Allen has 17 wins and 7 losses this year in goal for the Blues. He has 745 shots against him and he's surrendered 65 goals. He's made 680 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Ducks have 33 total points this season, which ranks them 19th in the NHL. They are 23rd in the league in goals scored with 83 while they've given up 91 goals, ranking them 17th overall. They have had 92 power play opportunities and have scored 16 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. That is 23rd in the NHL. The Ducks have allowed 125 power play opportunities and have given up 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%, putting them 6th in the league when short-handed. They average 29 shots per game and as a team shoot 9.14% for the season. They allow 36 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%. That puts them 3rd in the league in stopping the puck.
Useful Team Statistics
The Blues are 2nd in the NHL with a total of 44 points this year. They have 19 power play goals on 114 opportunities for a percentage of 17%. That ranks them 25th in the league as a power play unit. They've allowed 99 power play opportunities and have given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. That is 21st in the NHL. As a team, the Blues are 6th in the league with 104 goals scored while they've given up 81 goals, which is 26th overall. They average 34 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.53%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%. That is 9th in the NHL.
Anaheim has a Corsi percentage of 45.4% as they've tried 1,698 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 2,043 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 31st in Corsi percentage. They are 31st in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 45.2% as they have 1,287 shots while they've given up 1,563 attempts on defense. The Ducks start possessions in the offensive zone 45.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 54.7% for the year. That puts them 30th and 2nd in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 982 face-off wins as opposed to 949 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50.9%. That is 9th overall in the NHL. On defense Anaheim has 734 hits and they've blocked 480 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 4th in the league.
The Blues are 14th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 51.5% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 48.5% for the season, which is 17th in the NHL. They have 954 face-off wins compared to 976 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 49.4%. That is 24th in the league. On defense St. Louis has 757 hits and they have blocked 456 shots from the opposition, which is 13th in the league. St. Louis is 5th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 53% as they've attempted 1,936 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,718 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 54% ranks 4th as they have 1,484 attempts while they have given up 1,262 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Ducks/Blues NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take St. Louis -140 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Guy's Pick: Take St. Louis -140
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.