Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks NHL Picks & Predictions 1/2/2018
Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Anaheim Ducks head to Rogers Arena to take on the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
Anaheim has a record of 17-14-8 this year and away from home they have a record of 8-6-5-4. They are 4th in the Pacific Division. They have tallied 104 goals and surrendered 113 goals for a point differential of -9. For the year they have an ATS mark of 17-22-0 and an over/under record of 13-25-0. Vancouver has a record of 16-18-5 including 7-11-3-1 on home ice this year. They are 7th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 106 goals and have given up 127 for a goal differential of -21. Their record against the spread is 16-23-0 while their over/under mark is 23-16-0.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Valuable Anaheim Ducks Betting Trends
The Anaheim Ducks are 17-22-0 straight up this year
The Anaheim Ducks are 13-25-0 against the over/under this season
Important Vancouver Canucks Betting Trends
The Vancouver Canucks are 16-23-0 straight up this year
The Vancouver Canucks are 23-16-0 against the over/under this season
Key Anaheim Ducks Injuries
12/12/17 RW Corey Perry Leg IR (12/11)
12/01/17 LW Michael Liambas Upper Body IR (11/30)
10/22/17 RW Patrick Eaves Lower Body IR (10/14)
Key Vancouver Canucks Injuries
12/16/17 D Christopher Tanev Groin IR (12/13)
12/14/17 LW Sven Baertschi Jaw IR (12/09)
12/07/17 C Bo Horvat Ankle IR (12/05)
11/27/17 C Brandon Sutter Upper Body IR (11/25)
Brandon Montour has scored 19 total points this year for the Ducks. He has 6 goals this season with 81 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 13 assists on the year and averages 20.2 minutes played per contest. Rickard Rakell averages 19.8 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by tallying 12 goals on 99 attempts. He has 15 assists, giving him a total of 27 points on the year. John Gibson has 12 wins and 12 losses this season in goal for the Ducks. He has 987 shots against him and he's surrendered 77 goals. He's made 910 stops for a save percentage of 92%.
Thomas Vanek has 28 total points this season for the Canucks. He has 12 goals this year with 79 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 16 assists on the year and averages 13.9 minutes played per contest. Brock Boeser averages 16.7 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 21% by scoring 21 goals on 100 attempts. He has 17 assists, giving him a total of 38 points on the year. Jacob Markstrom has 10 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Canucks. He has 819 shots against him and he's given up 77 goals. He's made 742 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Ducks have 42 total points this year, which is 18th in the NHL. They've scored 104 goals while giving up 113 scores, which has them ranked 24th and 13th respectively. They have had 110 power play chances and scored 19 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 17%. That is 22nd in the league. The Ducks have given up 143 power play opportunities and surrendered 24 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%, ranking them 8th when short-handed. They average 30 shots per contest and as a team shoot 9.03% for the year. They allow 34 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 92%, which is 4th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Canucks are 26th in the league with a total of 37 points this season. They have 28 power play goals on 132 chances for a percentage of 21%. That is 8th in the NHL. They've given up 139 power play opportunities and surrendered 32 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%, ranking 28th overall. As a team, the Canucks are 23rd with a total of 106 goals scored while they've given up 127 goals this season, ranking 4th in goals against. They average 29 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 9.22%. As a unit they give up 32 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 90%, putting them 26th overall in the NHL.
Anaheim has a Corsi percentage of 46.4% as they've tried 2,159 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 2,491 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 30th in Corsi percentage. They are 31st in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 46.3% as they have 1,633 shots while they've given up 1,894 attempts on defense. The Ducks start possessions in the offensive zone 46.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 53.7% for the year. That puts them 29th and 1st in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 1,211 face-off wins as opposed to 1,190 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50.4%. That is 14th overall in the NHL. On defense Anaheim has 905 hits and they've blocked 597 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 4th in the league.
The Canucks start possessions in the offensive zone 50.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.5% for the year. That ranks them 17th and 12th respectively in the NHL. They have 1,146 face-off wins as opposed to 1,230 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.2%. That is 27th in the league. On defense Vancouver has 709 hits and they've blocked 505 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 28th in blocked shots. Vancouver is ranked 27th in Corsi percentage with 48.1% as they've tried 2,055 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 2,221 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 29th in the NHL at 47.3%, as they have 1,541 shots while they've given up 1,716 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Ducks/Canucks NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Anaheim Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Anaheim
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.