Monday, March 20, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Arizona Coyotes travel to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Monday, March 20, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Coyotes at +222 and the Predators at -250. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Arizona comes into this matchup having played 71 games. They have an overall record of 26-36-9 and on the road they have a record of 10-20-4. Currently they are 7th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 172 goals and given up 227 goals for a point differential of -55. The Coyotes have an overall record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 20-45 and an over/under record of 27-35-9. Nashville shows up with a record of 35-25-11 including 20-8-7 at home this season. They are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 209 goals and surrendered 201 for a goal differential of +8. The Predators have a record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 33-36 while their over/under record sits at 39-27-5.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Oliver Ekman-Larsson has accumulated 34 total points this season for the Coyotes. He has 10 goals this season with 131 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 24 assists on the season and averages 24.6 minutes played per game. Radim Vrbata has averaged 17.1 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 17 goals on 206 shots. He has 34 assists giving him a total of 51 points on the season. Mike Smith has 18 wins and 21 losses this season in net for the Coyotes. He has had 1,578 shots against him and has given up 136 goals. He has made 1,442 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 55 total points this season for the Predators. He has 12 goals this season with 138 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 43 assists on the season and averages 18.9 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 17.1 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 26 goals on 214 shots. He has 26 assists giving him a total of 52 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 27 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,533 shots against him and has given up 131 goals. He has made 1,402 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Coyotes have 61 total points this season. They have scored 172 goals while giving up 227 goals. They have had 213 power play opportunities and have scored 31 goals on those chances for a percentage of 15%. The Coyotes have allowed 231 power play opportunities and given up 52 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.67% for the season to this point. They allow 33 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Predators have a total of 81 points on the season. They have 45 power play goals on 222 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 212 power play opportunities and have given up 42 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Coyotes have a total of 209 goals scored while they've given up 201 goals to this point. They average 27 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.77%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Arizona has a Corsi percentage of 45.9% as they've attempted 3,820 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,508 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 45.3% as they have 2,862 attempts while they've given up 3,455 shots on the defensive end. The Coyotes start possessions in the offensive zone 46% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 54% for the season. They have 2,134 face off wins compared to 2,267 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.5%. On defense has 1,850 hits and they've blocked 1,053 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 4,130 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,990 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.5% as they have 3,078 shots while they've given up 3,016 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 50.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.1% as they've compiled 2,234 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,142 face off losses. On defense has blocked 974 shot attempts and they have 1,485 hits as a unit.
Arizona Coyotes Betting Trends
The Arizona Coyotes are 20-45 straight up
The Arizona Coyotes are 27-35-9 against the over/under
Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 33-36 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 39-27-5 against the over/under
Arizona Coyotes Injuries
11/18/16 RW Brad Richardson Tibia out indefinitely
03/17/17 RW Shane Doan Lower Body is downgraded to doubtful Saturday vs. St. Louis
03/14/17 C Alexander Burmistrov Concussion out indefinitely
03/03/17 D Kevin Connauton Upper Body out indefinitely
Nashville Predators Injuries
10/17/16 RW Miikka Salomaki Lower Body out indefinitely
03/19/17 LW Vernon Fiddler Upper Body "?" Monday vs. Arizona
01/20/17 C Cody Bass Lower Body out for season
Tony's Pick: Take Nashville -250
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.