Friday, March 10, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Buffalo Sabres travel to Nationwide Arena to play the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday, March 10, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Sabres at +222 and the Blue Jackets at -250. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Buffalo comes into this matchup having played 67 games. They have an overall record of 27-28-12 and on the road they have a record of 11-16-6. Currently they are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 169 goals and given up 196 goals for a point differential of -27. The Sabres have an overall record of 3-5-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 26-40 and an over/under record of 30-31-6. Columbus shows up with a record of 42-17-6 including 24-9-1 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 207 goals and surrendered 149 for a goal differential of +58. The Blue Jackets have a record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 40-23 while their over/under record sits at 26-35-4.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Sam Reinhart has accumulated 41 total points this season for the Sabres. He has 15 goals this season with 156 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 26 assists on the season and averages 17.5 minutes played per game. Kyle Okposo has averaged 19.1 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 19 goals on 151 shots. He has 24 assists giving him a total of 43 points on the season. Robin Lehner has 18 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Sabres. He has had 1,535 shots against him and has given up 123 goals. He has made 1,412 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Zach Werenski has accumulated 39 total points this season for the Blue Jackets. He has 9 goals this season with 162 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 6%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 21.1 minutes played per game. Cam Atkinson has averaged 18.2 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 30 goals on 194 shots. He has 26 assists giving him a total of 56 points on the season. Sergei Bobrovsky has 35 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Blue Jackets. He has had 1,499 shots against him and has given up 104 goals. He has made 1,395 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Sabres have 66 total points this season. They have scored 169 goals while giving up 196 goals. They have had 205 power play opportunities and have scored 48 goals on those chances for a percentage of 23%. The Sabres have allowed 197 power play opportunities and given up 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.33% for the season to this point. They allow 34 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Blue Jackets have a total of 90 points on the season. They have 38 power play goals on 179 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 21%. They have allowed 172 power play opportunities and have given up 29 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Sabres have a total of 207 goals scored while they've given up 149 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.37%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Buffalo has a Corsi percentage of 47.2% as they've attempted 3,609 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,042 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 47% as they have 2,756 attempts while they've given up 3,114 shots on the defensive end. The Sabres start possessions in the offensive zone 48.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.8% for the season. They have 2,015 face off wins compared to 2,029 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.8%. On defense has 1,568 hits and they've blocked 928 shots from the opposition.
Columbus has attempted 3,622 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,664 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.7% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49.8% as they have 2,712 shots while they've given up 2,733 attempts on defense. The Blue Jackets have an offensive zone percentage of 49.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.4% as they've compiled 1,926 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,050 face off losses. On defense has blocked 931 shot attempts and they have 1,252 hits as a unit.
Buffalo Sabres Betting Trends
The Buffalo Sabres are 26-40 straight up
The Buffalo Sabres are 30-31-6 against the over/under
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Trends
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 40-23 straight up
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 26-35-4 against the over/under
Buffalo Sabres Injuries
12/31/16 C Johan Larsson Wrist out for season
11/12/16 C Cody McCormick Blood Clot out indefinitely
03/07/17 D Dmitry Kulikov Upper Body "?" Friday vs. Columbus
03/03/17 RW Kyle Okposo Ribs out indefinitely
02/18/17 C Derek Grant Shoulder out indefinitely
02/10/17 C Zemgus Girgensons Abdominal out indefinitely
02/04/17 LW William Carrier Knee out indefinitely
Columbus Blue Jackets Injuries
10/10/16 RW David Clarkson Back out indefinitely
03/07/17 D Ryan Murray Lower Body "?" Friday vs. Buffalo
03/06/17 RW Josh Anderson Knee out indefinitely
02/28/17 LW Matt Calvert Oblique out indefinitely
02/24/17 LW Lukas Sedlak Lower Body out indefinitely
01/20/17 D Markus Nutivaara Lower Body out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Columbus -250
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.