Saturday, January 21, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Buffalo Sabres head to Bell Centre to take on the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday, January 21, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Sabres at +197 and the Canadiens at -220. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Buffalo comes into this game having played 44 games. They have an overall record of 17-18-9 and away from home they have a record of 7-10-6. The currently are 8th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 104 goals and surrendered 124 goals for a point differential of -20. The Sabres have an overall record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 16-27 and an over/under record of 18-22-4. Montreal shows up with a record of 27-13-6 including 16-5-2 at home this season. They are 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 139 goals and surrendered 117 for a goal differential of +22. The Canadiens have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 26-19 while their over/under record sits at 20-18-8.
Sam Reinhart has accumulated 28 total points this season for the Sabres. He has 9 goals this season with 94 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 19 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Kyle Okposo has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 13 goals on 107 shots. He has 16 assists giving him a total of 29 points on the season. Robin Lehner has 10 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Sabres. He has had 891 shots against him and has given up 71 goals. He has made 820 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Alexander Radulov has accumulated 32 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 10 goals this season with 90 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 20 goals on 144 shots. He has 17 assists giving him a total of 37 points on the season. Carey Price has 21 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 982 shots against him and has given up 79 goals. He has made 903 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Sabres have 43 total points this season. They have scored 104 goals while giving up 124 goals. They have had 140 power play opportunities and have scored 31 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. The Sabres have allowed 130 power play opportunities and given up 34 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 74%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.11% for the season to this point. They allow 33 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Canadiens have a total of 60 points on the season. They have 30 power play goals on 140 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 21%. They have allowed 163 power play opportunities and have given up 34 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. As a team, the Sabres have a total of 139 goals scored while they've given up 117 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.01%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Buffalo has a Corsi percentage of 47.3% as they've attempted 2,317 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,585 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 46.7% as they have 1,742 attempts while they've given up 1,985 shots on the defensive end. The Sabres start possessions in the offensive zone 47.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 52.1% for the season. They have 1,340 face off wins compared to 1,319 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.4%. On defense Buffalo has 1,070 hits and they've blocked 600 shots from the opposition.
Montreal has attempted 2,659 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,559 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.9% as they have 1,935 shots while they've given up 1,864 attempts on defense. The Canadiens have an offensive zone percentage of 49.5% and their defensive zone percentage is 50.5% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.2% as they've compiled 1,438 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,426 face off losses. On defense Montreal has blocked 695 shot attempts and they have 973 hits as a unit.
Buffalo Sabres Betting Trends
The Buffalo Sabres are 16-27 straight up
The Buffalo Sabres are 18-22-4 against the over/under
Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 26-19 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 20-18-8 against the over/under
Buffalo Sabres Injuries
12/31/16 C Johan Larsson Wrist out for season
12/30/16 D Dmitry Kulikov Back out indefinitely
11/12/16 C Cody McCormick Blood Clot out indefinitely
01/19/17 GO Anders Nilsson Illness "?" Friday vs. Detroit
01/17/17 D Josh Gorges Hip expected to miss 5-7 days
Montreal Canadiens Injuries
12/10/16 D Greg Pateryn Ankle expected to miss 8 weeks
12/07/16 C David Desharnais Knee expected to miss 6-8 weeks
01/19/17 D Andrei Markov Groin out indefinitely
01/19/17 GO Carey Price Rest is not expected to be in the starting lineup Friday vs. New Jersey
01/04/17 RW Brendan Gallagher Hand expected to miss 8 weeks
Tony's Pick: Take Buffalo +197
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.