Tuesday, January 24, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Buffalo Sabres travel to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Tuesday, January 24, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Sabres at +153 and the Predators at -170. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Buffalo comes into this matchup having played 46 games. They have an overall record of 19-18-9 and on the road they have a record of 8-10-6. Currently they are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 110 goals and given up 128 goals for a point differential of -18. The Sabres have an overall record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 18-27 and an over/under record of 18-23-5. Nashville shows up with a record of 23-17-7 including 12-5-5 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Central Division. They've scored 130 goals and surrendered 122 for a goal differential of +8. The Predators have a record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 21-24 while their over/under record sits at 21-22-4.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Sam Reinhart has accumulated 29 total points this season for the Sabres. He has 10 goals this season with 102 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 19 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Kyle Okposo has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 14 goals on 114 shots. He has 16 assists giving him a total of 30 points on the season. Robin Lehner has 11 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Sabres. He has had 929 shots against him and has given up 73 goals. He has made 856 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 35 total points this season for the Predators. He has 8 goals this season with 102 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 27 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 11 goals on 142 shots. He has 18 assists giving him a total of 29 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 18 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,052 shots against him and has given up 83 goals. He has made 969 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Sabres have 47 total points this season. They have scored 110 goals while giving up 128 goals. They have had 147 power play opportunities and have scored 33 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. The Sabres have allowed 135 power play opportunities and given up 35 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 74%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.10% for the season to this point. They allow 33 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Predators have a total of 53 points on the season. They have 27 power play goals on 155 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 144 power play opportunities and have given up 25 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Sabres have a total of 130 goals scored while they've given up 122 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.92%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Buffalo has a Corsi percentage of 47.4% as they've attempted 2,441 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,710 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 46.9% as they have 1,837 attempts while they've given up 2,080 shots on the defensive end. The Sabres start possessions in the offensive zone 47.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 52.2% for the season. They have 1,412 face off wins compared to 1,372 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.7%. On defense Buffalo has 1,110 hits and they've blocked 630 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 2,739 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,627 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.6% as they have 2,030 shots while they've given up 1,981 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 50.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.3% as they've compiled 1,401 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,440 face off losses. On defense Nashville has blocked 646 shot attempts and they have 959 hits as a unit.
Buffalo Sabres Betting Trends
The Buffalo Sabres are 18-27 straight up
The Buffalo Sabres are 18-23-5 against the over/under
Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 21-24 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 21-22-4 against the over/under
Buffalo Sabres Injuries
12/31/16 C Johan Larsson Wrist out for season
12/30/16 D Dmitry Kulikov Back out indefinitely
11/12/16 C Cody McCormick Blood Clot out indefinitely
01/21/17 D Jake McCabe Shoulder "?" Tuesday vs Nashville
01/17/17 D Josh Gorges Hip expected to miss 5-7 days
Nashville Predators Injuries
10/17/16 RW Miikka Salomaki Upper Body out indefinitely
01/20/17 C Cody Bass Lower Body out for season
01/13/17 LW Colin Wilson Lower Body out indefinitely
01/13/17 D Roman Josi Concussion out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Nashville -170
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.