Thursday, March 23, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Calgary Flames head to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Thursday, March 23, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Flames at +127 and the Predators at -140. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Calgary comes into this matchup having played 73 games. They have an overall record of 41-28-4 and on the road they have a record of 19-13-4. Currently they are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 203 goals and given up 197 goals for a point differential of +6. The Flames have an overall record of 8-2-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 37-32 and an over/under record of 31-34-8. Nashville shows up with a record of 36-25-11 including 21-8-7 at home this season. They are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 212 goals and surrendered 202 for a goal differential of +10. The Predators have a record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 34-36 while their over/under record sits at 39-28-5.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Valuable Calgary Flames Betting Trends
The Calgary Flames are 37-32 straight up
The Calgary Flames are 31-34-8 against the over/under
Important Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 34-36 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 39-28-5 against the over/under
Key Calgary Flames Injuries
10/09/16 D Ladislav Smid Neck out for season
03/21/17 LW Micheal Ferland Illness "?" Thursday vs. Nashville
03/20/17 LW Matthew Tkachuk Suspension 2-game suspension (eligible to return 03/25 vs. St. Louis)
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
10/17/16 RW Miikka Salomaki Lower Body out indefinitely
03/19/17 LW Vernon Fiddler Upper Body "?" Thursday vs. Calgary
01/20/17 C Cody Bass Lower Body out for season
Mikael Backlund has accumulated 50 total points this season for the Flames. He has 21 goals this season with 178 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 29 assists on the season and averages 17.5 minutes played per game. Johnny Gaudreau has averaged 18.8 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 16 goals on 165 shots. He has 37 assists giving him a total of 53 points on the season. Chad Johnson has 18 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Flames. He has had 951 shots against him and has given up 84 goals. He has made 867 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 55 total points this season for the Predators. He has 12 goals this season with 141 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 43 assists on the season and averages 18.9 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 17.1 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 27 goals on 218 shots. He has 26 assists giving him a total of 53 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 28 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,559 shots against him and has given up 132 goals. He has made 1,427 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Flames have 86 total points this season. They have scored 203 goals while giving up 197 goals. They have had 226 power play opportunities and have scored 44 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Flames have allowed 249 power play opportunities and given up 48 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.44% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators have a total of 83 points on the season. They have 45 power play goals on 223 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 214 power play opportunities and have given up 43 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Flames have a total of 212 goals scored while they've given up 202 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.39%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Calgary has a Corsi percentage of 50.4% as they've attempted 4,016 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,945 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.2% as they have 2,970 attempts while they've given up 2,950 shots on the defensive end. The Flames start possessions in the offensive zone 49.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.9% for the season. They have 2,181 face off wins compared to 2,253 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.2%. On defense has 1,380 hits and they've blocked 995 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 4,193 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,037 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.6% as they have 3,126 shots while they've given up 3,055 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 50.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.2% as they've compiled 2,270 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,162 face off losses. On defense has blocked 982 shot attempts and they have 1,495 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Flames/Predators NHL game against the spread? Tony's Pick: Take Calgary +127 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Calgary +127
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.