Thursday, January 26, 2017
Canadian Tire Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Calgary Flames head to Canadian Tire Centre to take on the Ottawa Senators on Thursday, January 26, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Flames at +140 and the Senators at -155. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Calgary comes into this game having played 51 games. They have an overall record of 24-24-3 and away from home they have a record of 11-11-3. The currently are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 131 goals and surrendered 147 goals for a point differential of -16. The Flames have an overall record of 3-6-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 22-27 and an over/under record of 21-24-6. Ottawa shows up with a record of 26-15-5 including 14-7-5 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 125 goals and surrendered 120 for a goal differential of +5. The Senators have a record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 22-20 while their over/under record sits at 19-25-2.
Mikael Backlund has accumulated 33 total points this season for the Flames. He has 14 goals this season with 123 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 19 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Johnny Gaudreau has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 10 goals on 113 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 29 points on the season. Chad Johnson has 16 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Flames. He has had 826 shots against him and has given up 72 goals. He has made 754 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 39 total points this season for the Senators. He has 7 goals this season with 107 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 32 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Mark Stone has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 20% by scoring 16 goals on 81 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 35 points on the season. Mike Condon has 14 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 721 shots against him and has given up 59 goals. He has made 662 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Flames have 51 total points this season. They have scored 131 goals while giving up 147 goals. They have had 170 power play opportunities and have scored 35 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. The Flames have allowed 190 power play opportunities and given up 37 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.79% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Senators have a total of 57 points on the season. They have 26 power play goals on 146 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 153 power play opportunities and have given up 27 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Flames have a total of 125 goals scored while they've given up 120 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.39%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Calgary has a Corsi percentage of 50.6% as they've attempted 2,789 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,721 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50% as they have 2,040 attempts while they've given up 2,039 shots on the defensive end. The Flames start possessions in the offensive zone 49.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.1% for the season. They have 1,527 face off wins compared to 1,564 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.4%. On defense Calgary has 1,000 hits and they've blocked 682 shots from the opposition.
Ottawa has attempted 2,526 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,767 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 47.7% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 48.2% as they have 1,846 shots while they've given up 1,985 attempts on defense. The Senators have an offensive zone percentage of 51.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 48.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.9% as they've compiled 1,465 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,414 face off losses. On defense Ottawa has blocked 782 shot attempts and they have 1,206 hits as a unit.
Calgary Flames Betting Trends
The Calgary Flames are 22-27 straight up
The Calgary Flames are 21-24-6 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 22-20 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 19-25-2 against the over/under
Calgary Flames Injuries
10/09/16 D Ladislav Smid Neck out for season
01/19/17 RW Garnet Hathaway Upper Body out indefinitely
Ottawa Senators Injuries
12/22/16 GO Andrew Hammond Ankle out indefinitely
12/13/16 GO Craig Anderson Personal out indefinitely
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out for season
01/24/17 D Mark Borowiecki Flu "?" Thursday vs Calgary
01/24/17 LW Mike Hoffman Illness "?" Thursday vs Calgary
Tony's Pick: Take Calgary +140
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.