Saturday, March 25, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Calgary Flames travel to Scottrade Center to play the St. Louis Blues on Saturday, March 25, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Flames at +128 and the Blues at -141. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Calgary comes into this matchup having played 74 games. They have an overall record of 41-29-4 and on the road they have a record of 19-14-4. Currently they are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 204 goals and given up 200 goals for a point differential of +4. The Flames have an overall record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 37-33 and an over/under record of 31-35-8. St. Louis shows up with a record of 40-28-5 including 21-11-4 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Central Division. They've scored 205 goals and surrendered 196 for a goal differential of +9. The Blues have a record of 9-1-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 39-33 while their over/under record sits at 31-32-10.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Valuable Calgary Flames Betting Trends
The Calgary Flames are 37-33 straight up
The Calgary Flames are 31-35-8 against the over/under
Important St. Louis Blues Betting Trends
The St. Louis Blues are 39-33 straight up
The St. Louis Blues are 31-32-10 against the over/under
Key Calgary Flames Injuries
10/09/16 D Ladislav Smid Neck out for season
03/23/17 LW Matthew Tkachuk Suspension Served probable Saturday vs. St. Louis
Key St. Louis Blues Injuries
03/24/17 C Jori Lehtera Upper Body "?" Saturday vs. Calgary
03/23/17 C Paul Stastny Lower Body out indefinitely
03/16/17 RW Dmitrij Jaskin Shoulder out indefinitely
02/05/17 C Robby Fabbri Knee out for season
Mikael Backlund has accumulated 50 total points this season for the Flames. He has 21 goals this season with 181 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 29 assists on the season and averages 17.5 minutes played per game. Johnny Gaudreau has averaged 18.8 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 16 goals on 167 shots. He has 38 assists giving him a total of 54 points on the season. Chad Johnson has 18 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Flames. He has had 968 shots against him and has given up 87 goals. He has made 881 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Vladimir Tarasenko has accumulated 65 total points this season for the Blues. He has 34 goals this season with 242 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 31 assists on the season and averages 18.4 minutes played per game. Alex Steen has averaged 19.2 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 14 goals on 100 shots. He has 31 assists giving him a total of 45 points on the season. Jake Allen has 29 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Blues. He has had 1,408 shots against him and has given up 122 goals. He has made 1,286 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Flames have 86 total points this season. They have scored 204 goals while giving up 200 goals. They have had 231 power play opportunities and have scored 44 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Flames have allowed 251 power play opportunities and given up 48 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.38% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Blues have a total of 85 points on the season. They have 46 power play goals on 209 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 22%. They have allowed 238 power play opportunities and have given up 36 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. As a team, the Flames have a total of 205 goals scored while they've given up 196 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.02%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Calgary has a Corsi percentage of 50.5% as they've attempted 4,062 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,986 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.2% as they have 3,006 attempts while they've given up 2,977 shots on the defensive end. The Flames start possessions in the offensive zone 49.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.8% for the season. They have 2,210 face off wins compared to 2,277 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.3%. On defense Calgary has 1,402 hits and they've blocked 1,009 shots from the opposition.
St. Louis has attempted 3,786 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,864 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.5% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49.8% as they have 2,834 shots while they've given up 2,859 attempts on defense. The Blues have an offensive zone percentage of 48.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.4% as they've compiled 2,179 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,144 face off losses. On defense St. Louis has blocked 1,005 shot attempts and they have 1,534 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Flames/Blues NHL game against the moneyline? Guy's Pick: Take St. Louis -141 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Guy's Pick: Take St. Louis -141
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.