Saturday, March 11, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Calgary Flames head to MTS Centre to take on the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday, March 11, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Flames at +104 and the Jets at -115. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Calgary comes into this game having played 67 games. They have an overall record of 37-26-4 and away from home they have a record of 18-12-4. The currently are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 184 goals and surrendered 182 goals for a point differential of +2. The Flames have an overall record of 9-0-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 34-30 and an over/under record of 27-32-8. Winnipeg shows up with a record of 30-32-6 including 16-17-1 at home this season. They are 5th in the Central Division. They've scored 204 goals and surrendered 216 for a goal differential of -12. The Jets have a record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 28-38 while their over/under record sits at 35-27-6.
Mikael Backlund has accumulated 47 total points this season for the Flames. He has 20 goals this season with 166 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 27 assists on the season and averages 17.3 minutes played per game. Johnny Gaudreau has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 14 goals on 153 shots. He has 34 assists giving him a total of 48 points on the season. Chad Johnson has 18 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Flames. He has had 920 shots against him and has given up 80 goals. He has made 840 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Mark Scheifele has accumulated 68 total points this season for the Jets. He has 28 goals this season with 133 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 21%. He has a total of 40 assists on the season and averages 20.3 minutes played per game. Blake Wheeler has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 20 goals on 217 shots. He has 36 assists giving him a total of 56 points on the season. Connor Hellebuyck has 22 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Jets. He has had 1,313 shots against him and has given up 121 goals. He has made 1,192 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Flames have 78 total points this season. They have scored 184 goals while giving up 182 goals. They have had 211 power play opportunities and have scored 41 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Flames have allowed 232 power play opportunities and given up 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.25% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Jets have a total of 66 points on the season. They have 38 power play goals on 221 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 234 power play opportunities and have given up 54 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%. As a team, the Flames have a total of 204 goals scored while they've given up 216 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.07%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Calgary has a Corsi percentage of 50.8% as they've attempted 3,708 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,596 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.5% as they have 2,740 attempts while they've given up 2,688 shots on the defensive end. The Flames start possessions in the offensive zone 49.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.5% for the season. They have 2,023 face off wins compared to 2,067 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.5%. On defense has 1,281 hits and they've blocked 908 shots from the opposition.
Winnipeg has attempted 3,660 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,777 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.2% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49.4% as they have 2,759 shots while they've given up 2,823 attempts on defense. The Jets have an offensive zone percentage of 50.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.2% as they've compiled 1,944 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,089 face off losses. On defense has blocked 954 shot attempts and they have 1,567 hits as a unit.
Calgary Flames Betting Trends
The Calgary Flames are 34-30 straight up
The Calgary Flames are 27-32-8 against the over/under
Winnipeg Jets Betting Trends
The Winnipeg Jets are 28-38 straight up
The Winnipeg Jets are 35-27-6 against the over/under
Calgary Flames Injuries
10/09/16 D Ladislav Smid Neck out for season
03/10/17 D Dougie Hamilton Lower Body injured last game, "?" Saturday vs. Winnipeg
Winnipeg Jets Injuries
12/30/16 D Marko Dano Leg expected to miss 8 weeks
11/23/16 D Tyler Myers Lower Body out indefinitely
03/10/17 D Toby Enstrom Upper Body injured last game, "?" Saturday vs. Calgary
03/06/17 GO Ondrej Pavelec Knee out for season
02/15/17 C Andrew Copp Upper Body out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Calgary +104
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.